LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy exhaust questions

You may have noticed my recent post concerning the fact that I cut my cat out and now have a car with a broken y pipe thats not attached to the rest of my exhaust.. I've been shopping around looking for different options and one that comes to mind is just getting LT headers and a y pipe.. I don't have alot of money for this and I was jusst curious about a few things. 1) I've heard about the ebay headers and they seem like my best bet, but I would like pics if possible about the modifications required to make them fit. 2) I would like to know if anyone is selling any headers and how much they would want for them.

I appreciate any help..I need to get my car back on the road as soon as possible, and I'm open to any options.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay header = alot hammer time lol. also when changing header, check or replace your engine mouting same time too. go ahead and get ebay header, dont use the gasket that came with it, use felpro gasket, and get ready to hammer some spot.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look around on here you can find some used headers in the for sale section. I found my pacesetters on here not too long ago for $150 shipped to my door.

but pics of your car? Not too many MPRM camaros around anymore. Im have a 94 M6 in that color.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got ebay headers. I had to flatten the #1 primary where it was hitting the steering shaft. I went ahead and flattened the #2 primary where it comes close to the frame just for peace of mind. I didn't replace motor mounts and used the gaskets that came with them. I don't see anything wrong with two piece aluminum gaskets. They didn't come with bolts so I bought some $9 spectre bolts from pepboys. I loosened my steering knuckle and slid it down some to help clear. All of the clearencing probably took 20 minutes. The hardest part was installing thd y pipe. I expanded my stock I pipe and slid the end of the y into it.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
If you look around on here you can find some used headers in the for sale section. I found my pacesetters on here not too long ago for $150 shipped to my door.

but pics of your car? Not too many MPRM camaros around anymore. Im have a 94 M6 in that color.
I don't really have any good pics at the moment..I'll get some though..unfortunately the paint isn't in the best shape (the clear coat isn't peeling but its cracked all over on the hood and spoiler). I LOVE the color though from far away its beautiful, whenever I repaint I'll definately be doing a dark red close to this, or just the same color.

As for the headers...I've looked in the classifieds and nothing really yet. I'm desperate though. It sucks not having the money to spend on them because I need to get my car drivable.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

I have a set of BBK shorties I want to get rid of. PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: exhaust questions