Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

How many??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How many??

According to this website http://www.transamworld.com/2002-breakdown.htm

My car is one of 82 2002 WS6 M6 with Camel interior is there a way to tell How many of those 82 are SOM also??

Thanks,
Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

CompNine used to allow you to put in RPO combinations for a particular year and model of GM car and it would tell you how many cars in their database were built with those RPOs. That is how I created that breakdown. However, they no longer offer that feature (or its no longer free, can't remember).

I'm not sure if the GM VIS system allows you to do that. But it sure would be nice to have that database on my hard-drive.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

I'm curious too, I have an SOM WS6 with Camel and an Auto.

It was nice to be able to look up rpo combos for a while, big thanks Johnny B for putting the info together, but whats the actual number of Firebirds built in 2002? And how many WS6's? It would be nice to put a number on how many were built similar to mine and know it to be correct.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were a total of 12,517 WS6 cars built in 2002
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
CompNine used to allow you to put in RPO combinations for a particular year and model of GM car and it would tell you how many cars in their database were built with those RPOs. That is how I created that breakdown. However, they no longer offer that feature (or its no longer free, can't remember).

I'm not sure if the GM VIS system allows you to do that. But it sure would be nice to have that database on my hard-drive.
This CompNine VIN decoder still works and should be able to tell you.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ghardester

IT gives me the RPOS but it says it cannot give me the rarity.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ghardester

Not the same as it used to be. The current version of their RPO decoder no longer allows you the check or un-check specific RPOs to allow you to see how rare your particular combination of specific RPOs (such as color, trans, interior) is. The way it works now is it calculates the "raw" rarity, i.e.: the number of cars built with the EXACT SAME combination of 50 or so RPOs. This USUALLY results in the misperception that your car is an extraordinarily rare 1 of 1. Earlier, the way you could work this is to de-select all of the RPOs except for the ones that really "count" towards "rarity" (ex: LS1,MN6,88U, etc) and it would revise the "rarity calculation" and show you how many cars were built with JUST those selected RPOs.

Additionally, I was referring to the RPO combination inquiry screen, which would (without having a VIN to begin with, and after selecting model year and body style) allow entry of any number of RPOs and it would tell you the number of vehicles of the specific year that were built with them. For example, entering "WS6,MN6,10U,142" it would tell you how many white WS6s w/ M6 and pewter interior were built. THAT feature is no longer available for free (from what I understand).
Old 07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Not the same as it used to be. The current version of their RPO decoder no longer allows you the check or un-check specific RPOs to allow you to see how rare your particular combination of specific RPOs (such as color, trans, interior) is. The way it works now is it calculates the "raw" rarity, i.e.: the number of cars built with the EXACT SAME combination of 50 or so RPOs. This USUALLY results in the misperception that your car is an extraordinarily rare 1 of 1. Earlier, the way you could work this is to de-select all of the RPOs except for the ones that really "count" towards "rarity" (ex: LS1,MN6,88U, etc) and it would revise the "rarity calculation" and show you how many cars were built with JUST those selected RPOs.

Additionally, I was referring to the RPO combination inquiry screen, which would (without having a VIN to begin with, and after selecting model year and body style) allow entry of any number of RPOs and it would tell you the number of vehicles of the specific year that were built with them. For example, entering "WS6,MN6,10U,142" it would tell you how many white WS6s w/ M6 and pewter interior were built. THAT feature is no longer available for free (from what I understand).
Is there anyway you know to get a further breakdown?

Last edited by gs462; 07-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gs462
Is there anyway you know to get a further breakdown?
Before I discovered CompNine's database, I always contended that someone who had access to the GM-VIS database and was clever w/ programming could generate a GUI inquiry system that would generate data that could be used to generate a breakdown anyway you'd like. However, once you get more than 3 or 4 variables, it becomes difficult to show that info in a 2-D spreadsheet. Once I discovered CompNine's database and their crude RPO combination inquiry GUI, I scoured their data to generate the spreadsheets linked in my sig. However, I still had to draw a line somewhere (was anyone really going to use a breakdown of V6 Firebirds by transmission AND paint color AND interior trim AND stereo option AND axle ratio AND.......??). Since a database is a multi-dimensional array of information, no 2 people would ever agree on how to slice and dice the data, so it would be best to leave the data in the database and create an inquiry GUI that would allow users to pull the information they desire any way they want. Unfortunately, the only sources of the raw data that I'm aware of is the GM-VIS system and CompNine.

So to answer your question, NO, not at this time. The best you'll find is linked in my sig (even that I have to caviat because CompNine's database appeared to be missing some cars in some cases, these are noted in my spreadsheets).
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks you sig is where I found my 1 of 82 info.

Quick Reply: How many??