Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheat help asap

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheat help asap

Ok just got my motor back together and the water pump took a ****, i put a new one and it does the same thing, turn car on the car warms up for a while drive it around then it just start to heat up i turn the car off and open the hood, it shot out the water from the reserve tank and then i here like a click sound coming from the radiator what can it been, it is missing one water pump bolt. Can that be it
Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikemunoz
Ok just got my motor back together and the water pump took a ****, i put a new one and it does the same thing, turn car on the car warms up for a while drive it around then it just start to heat up i turn the car off and open the hood, it shot out the water from the reserve tank and then i here like a click sound coming from the radiator what can it been, it is missing one water pump bolt. Can that be it

Did you get all the air out of the system?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the front end on a ramp and squeeze the hoses and burp it. You will need a rag or gloves as the hoses get hot....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

so i just lift the front end of the car, i turn it on and keep putting water in it and squeeze the hoes in front of the water pump, till when how will u know if all the air is out, also can a overheating car cause oil pressure to drop
Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oil press drop mite be aq bad O-ring on the oil pump.do like SB said.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP drop may also be oil heating up and thinning out. Yes I put mine on a ramp and squeeze the upper rad hose. You will see the radiator coolant drop and just add more til it quits taking it. Go for a ride and check again. Some people take the steam tube off the motor but I have never had to do that...