Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help trouble shooting fueling issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help trouble shooting fueling issue

The other night I went to move the car, when I turned the key on, the wideband was reading 10.0 (without the car even running)... When I fired the car up, it was idling anywhere from 11.0-12.5 (and barely running). I walked to the back of the car and it smelled like someone had dumped a gallons of gasoline on the ground.

The next day I went out and looked at the MAP sensor to make sure it didn't come unplugged, or the vaccum line wasn't disconnected. Everything looked ok, when I fired the car up it idled a little better (13-14's). Fast forward to today, I went to take the car out, and when you're barely give the car gas it starts to stumble a little, when you give it a little more gas it will peg the wideband at 10.0 and almost cut off.

Trying to figure out if this is a MAP sensor issue, o2 issue, or what... Any advice would be greatly helpful!

*****Edit: Just pulled both o2's and they *look* good... They are fairly new (only a couple hundred miles on them) So, still wondering if it's a possible MAP sensor failure?

Last edited by whiteboycntdnce; 07-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Scan readings are??
Old 08-13-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the meth working properly? We had an issue with it cutting on for no reason some time ago.