Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nick Williams 102 DBW ls2 Throttle body+Meziere EWP Caution!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nick Williams 102 DBW ls2 Throttle body+Meziere EWP Caution!!

I have searched on here and figured i would create this thread just to inform people.

I recently added a nick williams/fast 102 drive by wire throttle body to my ls2 gto..... which was previously equipt with a meziere electric water pump...

When using the throttle body with this water pump, you must use a grinder to remove about 1/8 inch from the throttlebody base in order to clear the water neck upper outlet. One could grind away at the water pump neck, but i felt there was much more material and less risk with leaks by grinding the 600 dollar throttle body instead of the 600 dollar water pump, lol..

both items work problem free, i was just searching and making it known for future modders out there with each of these items. They will NOT bolt directly on since the meziere pump is larger than the stock pump and the 102 intake is so much larger than stock as well.

That is all.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to know!

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U couldn't remove material from both ? To take off less material!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Yea ,I was pretty sick myself grinding away at a $600 NW DBW TB with a stock water pump.Had to grind both
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

Damn, you had to grind both on a stock waterpump. Thats kinda fucked?

I didnt really want to mar up my waterpump. Its all fancy pants anodized black and i just do not really feel comfortable taking material out up there by those threads where the water neck screws into the pump body. I figured with the throttlebody upside down, and since it was raw alum., i would grind the base of it.... And man did i grind it, lol.

made a GREAT difference though going from stock to this pump. Just dont buy the mishimoto silicone radiator hoses.. Shoulda known better trusting in something with a name like that, lol.. The pump with a ron davis radiator, silicone hoses, and 165?thermostat came together very nicely. stays rock solid at just over 1/4 on the gauge (not even near halfway). Just wish i would have held off on the radiator.. I took my a/c out, and am getting ready to put a big single turbo on the car. Something tells me i would have been more successful in making space if i had a custom small/narrow radiator with a THICK core made. Tuck it way up front under the core support.

Anyhow back to the pump, another nice feature is when you blast your serpentine belt in half, then you can cannonball run off the highway before the battery runs dead without overheating.

never the less, im ****** jabberin, sorry ..

Last edited by RX666; 07-13-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

im about to revisit this i think when adding a nitrous plate. I really hate buying this stuff and finding out stuff wont work, wish there was someone else who had a 102 nitrous plate who has tried it with a fast 102, meziere ewp, and the plate. If i had to grind away the throttle body, i have a feeling i may have to grind the plate, and seeing as most of them are hollow to allow the nitrous to spray through, i may be fucked. Really not trying to invest 1000+ in a direct port kit at this point either.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

I have a FAST 102/102 combo and I'm running the Nitrous Outlet 102 plate. I had to do some significant grinding on the stock water pump to get it all to fit. Also, the longer bolts that Nitrous Outlet sends with the 102 plate wouldn't work with the throttle body. A. they were too long and B. they were a regular hex head not a cap/socket head so there wasn't even clearance to tighten them down. I got the correct ones from BoltDepot.com. They correct bolts measured 6mm x 1.0 x 45mm.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

****, not what i wanted to hear. If it wont clear the stock water pump, no ****** way its clearing this meziere. I had the grind the hell out of the throttlebody alone to make it bolt on.

Thanks for the input man! Really helps alot. Back to the drawing board. Sigh...
Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Ran into this scenario today... here are some (after) pics:

EDIT: I did not clearance the water pump. There was enough material to work with on the throttle body alone, in my case.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nw 102dbw tb

I have one of Nick's DBW 102 TBs (Early type w/C5 stepper) and it came relieved to clear the (stock LS7) water pump.

This was a later manufactured TB (came without the electronics) and appeared to be relieved about .125 or so.

An earlier 96mm DBW TB that I have on another car (with the same motor combo) had to have a relief milled to clear the water pump.

Quick Reply: Nick Williams 102 DBW ls2 Throttle body+Meziere EWP Caution!!