Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E Torque Management?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60E Torque Management?

I am not very familiar with the torque management system and had a few questions about it and was hoping someone could help me. I currently am installing a Yank SS 3200 and have read that the torque management should be retuned. Could someone please explain what this means. I know the basic principals of torque management and what it does, but I am not sure about the tuning for it. Like what would need to be re tuned and what parameters would be changed. Also when installing a new stall converter, does the lock up speed have to be tuned into the computer of will it work without tuning. Any extra information on this subject would be appreciated.

Vehicle is a 2000 Trans Am, mods in sig
Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I installed the same converter in my car a few months ago when I rebuilt the transmission. When I took it to the tuner he removed the torque management on both the engine and transmission side, adjusted the shift points, and raised the rev limiter. To my knowledge that was all he did. I don't have tuning software (the reason I took it to a tuner) so I could not tell you what settings were changed to what.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Torque management is a few tables in the computer. They tell the computer to restrict torque during shifts. You would need a tuning program like hptuners or efi Live to go in and adjust these tables. And yes your new TC lockup should function perfectly.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...tm-w-pics.html

Quick Reply: 4l60E Torque Management?