General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Air Conditioner not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner not working

Well today i took my car on a long ride to the beach with my friends. I had the AC on, at some points we were going fast but the AC was fine. On the way home, it was pretty much like a hurricane outside. Some of the puddles i had to hit on the highway made a splash go over my car. The AC was working no problem until when my windshield fogged up extremely bad like it normally does so i turned off the AC and put the defroster on for a minute. The fog dissipated then i went to turn back on the AC and i heard a rumble as i was driving (was going about 50 mph). At first i didnt notice much but when it started to get hot in the car, I felt the vent and there was next to none air comming out. Even when on max AC very little air comes out. I have a 2002 Z28, please let me know some trouble shooting things i can do.

EDIT: Also, the AC sounds like it is normally does. When it is on max I can hear it trying to blow but nothing is comming out. The very limited air that is comming out is still cold. I will try again tommarow.

Last edited by Camarosteve44; 07-08-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

In any air conditioning system there are small doors inside the system conduits that channel the air through the vents. Maybe some of yours are stuck?