Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual question

Hey I got a 02 ws6 not long ago and have been trying to put an exhaust on it but havent made up my mind. True Dual with high flow cats is now out of the option because of how expensive it is. I now want to just true dual it from the stock cats has anyone done this? if so let me know some info. I saw that their is a TSP True Dual system for 400 but im not sure if you run it without cats or with stock cats, I need cats because I live in Colorado and we have emission testing So any help is appreciated. - Mitch
Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice im from Colorado aswell.. Infact i just installed True Duals on my LS1 Camaro. I got my emissions done back in october so i got 2 years free to polute the air and worry about it later

I would think that Duals wouldnt be as effective performance wise since our Fbodys come with a 'Flat' Y pipe attached to the 'Cats' therefore defeating the purpose of duals..

I would rather get a Catted Y PIPE from TSP , and finish it off with a LM1 or somthing if you are looking to do emissions, otherwise do what i did if its a possibility... EMISSION testing is wack
Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

the tsp system is designed to bolt up to long tube headers and go from there to where it's dumped before the axle. you could run that and get your stock cats welded into it but you'd need adapters since the cats are smaller than the 3'' pipes in the tsp kit and you'd need bungs welded into the tsp kit so fit your rear 02's if they're required for emmisions as well. all that's going to cost you at a muffler shop and it'll cause you to loose power though due to a good bit of restriction. when it's all said and done, your really probably better off just getting a catted y-pipe and whatever cat-back you'd want.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Resident

In Colorado do they do a visual,sniff or obd2 check or a combination of the things?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ds98formula
In Colorado do they do a visual,sniff or obd2 check or a combination of the things?
Visual inspection, They also hook up their system to the OBD2 while its on the Dyno running.. not to mention they got the big suction pipes to read the exhaust fumes... and to finish it off, an EVAP test aswell..
Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Damn tree huggers
Old 07-09-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

hey bestlude, where did you get your hood?? that is bitch looking!!! i've got an ss hood i got that was damaged for fifty bucks. but i really like your hood on that car of yours i showed my old lady your picture cool...
Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
hey bestlude, where did you get your hood?? that is bitch looking!!! i've got an ss hood i got that was damaged for fifty bucks. but i really like your hood on that car of yours i showed my old lady your picture cool...
Thanks man.. Its an "Ultra Z" hood.. I actually got it with the car when i purchased it but alot of companies make them. Its fully Functional aswell