Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

MTX 10" Thunderform question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MTX 10" Thunderform question

I just got done installing the MTX 10" ThunderForm enclosure pre-amped version, it sounds absolutely incredible, hits much harder than I actually wanted it to ha but no compliants. Anyways my question is to anyone who has this setup, how do you have it secured? Mine is just resting in the cubby spot. It doesn't move much at all and seems pretty secure but Im not one to take risks, one quick left hand turn could move it out. Thanks in advance, Travis.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tpooleATL
I just got done installing the MTX 10" ThunderForm enclosure pre-amped version, it sounds absolutely incredible, hits much harder than I actually wanted it to ha but no compliants. Anyways my question is to anyone who has this setup, how do you have it secured? Mine is just resting in the cubby spot. It doesn't move much at all and seems pretty secure but Im not one to take risks, one quick left hand turn could move it out. Thanks in advance, Travis.
i put a piece of industrial velcro on mine. just to be safe. doesn't move at all :grin:
Old 07-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah that would be a good route, I had some left over screws that came with the kit but I think they were for the electronic bass control **** which I haven't hooked up yet. Thanks for the input though.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done donuts with my enclosure which is not that much different and it never moved. With the hatch plastic on top and everything in place, they don't move.
A little velcro for piece of mind should be plenty.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 07-10-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Secure 'everything' you install in your car with screws or bolts. You do not want heavy audio equipment flying around inside your car if you have an accident. It is just a precaution to keep a bad day from becoming worse. Just my opinion, but I secure everything.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In general I completely agree with that. The thing is with that enclosure it can't come out with the hatch plastic in place. You have to remove it to get the enclosure into place and it doesn't just slide in you have to turn it to get it to slide in. Once everything is reinstalled on top of it, it won't/can't move. Plus you have the hatch itself sitting on top of that. There isn't enough room for it to come out with the hatch and plastic in place.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah its pretty secure the way it is but I just laid down some high grade velcro on the bottom and side towards the front of the car. I tried pulling it out and now I really don't think I can take it out even if I wanted to ha. Just one of those piece of mind things, I don't like taking risks when I don't have to.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Default MTX Thunderform

I am also thinking of purchasing the same set-up. Does it have a good Thump? I was not sure if the 200 amp was enough???