General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Passenger door water leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Passenger door water leak

I've been getting standing water on my pass floorboard after heavy rain. I pulled the carpet out this week and figured now would be a good time to find the leak.

Looks like a channel of water is coming down the window and along the rear side of the weatherstripping and bubbling out at the bottom.

The red arrow shows the channel of water coming down the window. The upper circle is where I can see wetness and then the bottom circle shows where the water is bubbling and draining onto the floorboard.

Here's a shitty cell phone video:

Old 07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably weather stripping. Might need to replace it. Also if your window motor is going out the window might not roll up completely causing leaks
Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6outlaw
Probably weather stripping. Might need to replace it. Also if your window motor is going out the window might not roll up completely causing leaks
The window motor is strong and I dont see any water coming in from the window. I do have some newer weatherstripping off a low mile TA so I'll try that and see if it works.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check how the window sits on the weatherstripping from the outside of the car and then compare it to your other side. There is an adjustment that moves the glass forward/rearward, which also may be off.

Quick Reply: Passenger door water leak