Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and ethanol help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous and ethanol help.

I have a build coming together and i could use some help and advice with some options. Although, this isnt an lsx motor or chevy i still can see there are many knowledgeable members here who can shed some light onto this subject. I have a high compression forged 6.1 hemi going in my charger. Stock 370 displacement, forged woseco pistons, K1 rods and crank. Reverse split big cam (for us, puny for you guys) good valve spring forged pushrods etc. The motor will be around 13:1 CR. The car will mostly be ran on e85 for the good majority of its time. Now, i have a direct port nitrous outlet set up that will spray up to a 300 shot. Ive talked to a few people and they say im headed for back luck if i thinl i can spray a 300 shot with 13:1 CR with a set up like this. The motor is gapped and set for nitrous type build and i have a stand alone fuel system with it as well. My main concerns besides will it be possible to take full advantage of the 300 shot are what fuel type do i run in the dedicated tank? C16?e85 or E98? The jets sizing with E85 or E98 also has me worried with using the proper ones. If i am running E85 in my primary fuel tank but have c16 in the dedicated tank how will that work? I just want to pick some minds of other people who have played in this area as im sure some have here. Thanks in advanced for the help.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

You can certainly run a 300hp shot on that setup. But the fuel types should really be a part of who is tuning it. E85/E98 has a different plug read to it and not everyone has a lot of experience with it. Who is tuning this monster first off?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Either 1 of 2 guys. Aj at arrington or the one they call jersey boy. Still up in the air.

Quick Reply: Nitrous and ethanol help.