General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Starting Over

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Over

Hey guys I am kind of a newbie here. I have been a member of LS1 tech off and on and haven't really been to involved on this forum. Well I am planning on it now. I have a 2000 SS Camaro and there is a story here some of you might be able to relate to. I had a pretty sweet set up a few years ago with a 550 hp LS1 and a six speed behind it. I was only spraying a 150 shot on it and hurt #8 piston when spark plug melted. I could have just placed the plug but I took the motor apart replaced the piston had every thing rebalanced and put it back together. Here is where every thing took a turn for the worse. My friend had this 408 stroker that was 3 years old but never run other than on a dyno. So he says let's turn your car into a drag car like Loud Mouth LS1's. He wanted me to run his motor in my car to see how it would do. I reluctantly agreed to turn my car into a street/strip car.I want to add we have been friends forever and the plan was to run his motor and build another one just like it so I would give him a new engine and I would keep his. So I sold my motor tranny rear end gas tank and pretty much stripped the car of it's stock parts. So I used the money from all of the sold items to build a stout automatic tranny, ford 9inch, fuel system,and suspension. I built the car around this engine I didn't own yet. It took me over 2 years to get the car ready to run. During this time of putting the car together I ended up getting divorced and things didn't turn out in financial gain. And over the last 2 years almost 3 now he and I started to see things differently when it came to friendship and now yep you guessed it..... we aren't friends anymore. I had enough! The 2 sundays ago I was finally going to start the car and get it ready for a tune and there was an argument that was the straw that broke the camels back. So I decided I was done and pulled the motor out of the car and delivered it to his house along with all the other things he was storing here. I hope some day to mend things but I suspect things may never be the same. Guys I wrote this because I think if your gut tells you it's a bad idea.. it is!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Launching!

wow.. thats gay....

i don't ask my friends for help cause it's always a let down.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yea me and my friends help each other out with installs and usually whoever is getting the help gets pizza and beer and we just make a day out of it but as far as using each others parts I just don't go there, never know what can happen, and I like the security that I own my car 100% and nothing is borrowed off of it that someone would want back expectantly especially a component as major as an engine. Sorry to hear about your luck, what are you plans with the car now?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Like a guy once said, all people do is complicate one another's lives. Bleah. I hope you can pick up the pieces and figure out what you're gonna do...