LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New build broke down already help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New build broke down already help.

This new 355 is giving me problems; first I had a bad wire on the coolant sensor causing it to dump fuel now I have a bigger problem. After I fixed the coolant temp sensor the car did run better but it had a little buck at idle; it was not running too bad but I could tell something was not 100% right. I went out to start the car to take it on a good trip and see how it acted, but I did not make it out of the driveway. The motor acted as if it tried to start out of time, it kicked back and broke my starter; all the starter does is wine now. But what caused the motor to do this? What ever caused the motor to kick back on startup is mostlikly causing my buck at idle also. The motor is a 355 with le1 heads and lt4 hot cam, I installed a ltcc ignition and removed the rotor from my msd opti. The motor, trans, fuel and ignition parts aside from the opti have less than 20mi on them.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could the opti be telling the ltcc box to fire the coils incorrectly? I noticed that when I first started the car with the ltcc the red light on the ltcc box was blinking, then after a few min of run time the red light went off and the green light was solid. I also had this problem of the motor kicking back when the motor was cam only, and when I first built the 355 a few months ago; all with the same msd opti.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have found a few with the same problem, but no one says what the cause was http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/4th-gen-...p-starter.html
I think the opti is causing the motor to fire way advanced.