Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner of 2000 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of 2000 SS

I used to lurk around this site a couple years and had a couple Iroc-z's and 5.0 stangs but I recently purchased a 2000 black SS M6. The car has 47K on it but the paint wasn't taken real good care of and has some sun fade on the hood and rear deck lid. The sides seem like I could probably just buff them out. Interior is alittle messy too. I don't mind the costmetics so much as long as the running gear is still strong. I purchased off of Craigslist without being able to go view it in person because it was 2 states away but I got it for $8,500 delivered. I drive about 45 miles a day and with the reported 30mpg the M6 cars are supposedly getting I figured this would be better than the 4-banger S-10 I was driving before. The passing power will be nice. I've kind of grown out of the aggressive driving stage but I'm sure I will find the extra power to come in handy once in a while. I should have insurance and plates on it by the end of tomarrow so I can give some updates on how it seems to run. On friday I was going to pull it out on the highway and test it out but a cop was patiently waiting for his next victim so I pulled back into the shop. Anything I should know about these cars? From what I've read they seem pretty good other than the rearends but I doubt I will be doing any 4K launches so my rear should holdup for awhile.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kinda mpg do u get around town in that