Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Is it still possible to get a GMMG exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it still possible to get a GMMG exhaust

So, I hate to make another GMMG thread, but I can't find any recent enough ones that would be worth bumping. I have tried calling GMMG and their number doesn't work, and from the searching I've done, I can't find anywhere to get them except Vengeance racing?.. I go to their website, and it says it has to be ordered directly through ls1tech, so here I am. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

It's not, and never was, made by GMMG. It's made by a company named Mad Hammer.

You can either get them directly from them, or go to byunspeed.com
Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
It's not, and never was, made by GMMG. It's made by a company named Mad Hammer.

You can either get them directly from them, or go to byunspeed.com
Thanks, so it's the exact same exhaust that is listed on the GMMG website?

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...b51778b6a7f577

I will probably be ordering this asap. Is there any reason it's a little bit cheaper? Anyone have some suggestions for tips? I don't know if I'm entirely cracked on the ovals.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If not look for stainless steal chambered exhausts. I heard they were very similar, if not the same, as GMMGs.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

Stainless works exhaust is a 3.5 to a 3 inch exhaust catback with three power sticks it is better than the regular gmmg. The gmmg style is 3 to a 2.5 inch exhaust with two power sticks. If you have long tubes you will have rasp with this set up. If you go stainless works it costs more but over all is a better cat back
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Stainless works exhaust is a 3.5 to a 3 inch exhaust catback with three power sticks it is better than the regular gmmg. The gmmg style is 3 to a 2.5 inch exhaust with two power sticks. If you have long tubes you will have rasp with this set up. If you go stainless works it costs more but over all is a better cat back
Yes, I've looked at the Stainless works, and I'm just not sure if I could afford that one, I've been looking at cat-backs for a pretty long time now, and I haven't heard anything like the GMMG. I'm kind of set on this exhaust, and I think I've made up my mind. I do have headers, so I am a little concerned about a fix-it ticket, Is this exhaust going to be a big red flag on my car? I'm looking for loud, but not if I can't get away with it.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

The one thing. It sounds great at idle. But at wot it is idk. I'm going tsp true duals for 500 instead of my gmmg and y pipe
Old 07-11-2011, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by babbage1109
The one thing. It sounds great at idle. But at wot it is idk. I'm going tsp true duals for 500 instead of my gmmg and y pipe
Can you hear your car from real far? I do have people tell me they can hear me coming to work already, so I'm not sure if a louder exhaust is a good idea on my part. I think I would be ok though as long as I'm not beating *** everywhere with it. Thoughts? (BTW It is for a DD)

Last edited by SoCaZ28; 07-11-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

mine sounds pretty badass at WOT. Although i agree idle sounds even better. But then again i have an lt1. GMMG, gutted cats, and stock manifolds for now
Ive heard GMMGs loose their magic once headers go in, others say it sounds better. I guess i have to wait and find out. If it sounds too raspy or sorry, then true headers it is.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

I have been told it's extremely loud when I'm driving. I am used to it but the neighbors notice it a block away lol
Old 07-11-2011, 02:15 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Please save yourselves the search headache and read this thread. For those that complain of rasp and all around "shitty-ness" with LT's and no cats....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vids-pics.html

Absolutely NO reason why you can't run LT's and an ORY and still sound great.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

Where in ca are you? I have a real gmmg sitting in my hallway waiting to be put on.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get the Mad Hammer exhaust and want the oval tips, they are listed in the link below. They are pretty much exactly like the GMMG oval tips. I'm not sure if they made them for GMMG or not?

http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...-per-pair.html
Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Please save yourselves the search headache and read this thread. For those that complain of rasp and all around "shitty-ness" with LT's and no cats....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vids-pics.html

Absolutely NO reason why you can't run LT's and an ORY and still sound great.
Thanks, checked out your vids, sounds real good. Will try to be running a similar set up depending on how killer the rasp is.

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Where in ca are you? I have a real gmmg sitting in my hallway waiting to be put on.

PM sent

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
If you get the Mad Hammer exhaust and want the oval tips, they are listed in the link below. They are pretty much exactly like the GMMG oval tips. I'm not sure if they made them for GMMG or not?

http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...-per-pair.html
Thanks, I'm looking at those, but are there any more reasonably priced high polished tips? Right now I got the stock box tips. I like the square look more than oval I think. I saw the high polished square tips somewhere online before, but I can't remember where and since then I haven't found them.

Quick Reply: Is it still possible to get a GMMG exhaust