General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC sqweek driving me nuts

Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC sqweek driving me nuts

Ok texas is ahot freakin state. Been using the AC a lot. ok I replaced my belts about 2 months ago. No problems what so ever until I stred using the AC daily. After the car sits overnight or for a few hours I start it up and the AC belts sqweels for about 10 min of driving then goes away etc. When I repleced the belts before I cleaned the pulleys and all around them. Could teh AC lines be dripping condensation on the AC unit or belts? Theres plenty of condensation after driving. Would foam insulation help any?
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine was making alot of racket too, i ended up having to adjust the clearances on the clutch
Old 07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a little test. I coated the top ac line that sits above the compressor with yellow chalk. Ran the AC then let it sit for a bit. It dripped down and I found yellow on the compressor and belt. So it is condensation. I then used a 4" piece of foam pipe insulation on the pipe, zip tied and re tested. No more dripping down on the compressor assy. After close inspection I could see white marks where water had dripped before near the area. The belts is still new, the area is all cleaned up. so fingers crossed.

Search this Thread