LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

diablo 7191 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablo 7191 questions

I have a few questions about the diablo 7191.

I have a 06 imp ss and i normally have my vehicles tuned by a tuner but he recently moved away so now i guess its time to get a programmer but i have a few questions...

1. with the diablo 7191 i see that i can remove dod which is great cuz i hate the noises it makes but can it remove all the traction or torque management? when i launch with the traction control button off my car cuts power and stops the wheels from spinning almost like traction control is still engaged.

2. Can i remove the rev limiter? i hate that i cant rev at people at stop lights lol

3. also are there any other added things im unaware that the programmer can do other than the basic benefits of tuning?

Thanks in advanced!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Launching!

1. You need a custom tune to be able to turn off traction control (other than the button) and torque management. Since you plan on using Diablo, contact Lew(06monteSS) for his custom tune. Many of us have used his services and you won't find a more stand up guy to help you tune your car. His cost is extremely reasonable and he will re-tune if you add more go fast mods.

It sounds to me like you're experiencing the anti-score kicking in which is killing your launch. Our cars do not like to launch with the wheel turned. Anti-score saves our front end from disaster. Someone please interject if I'm wrong.

2. Yes, you can adjust the rev limiter.

3. Yes, tons more. Just ask Lew(06monteSS) and he will show you the way
Old 07-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help, i wait till i install the rest of the parts on the way and then hit him up.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

can record data logs - essential for custom tuning...

can scan for and clear trouble codes...

etc etc...

Jessmo got the rest... any questions man, feel free to hit me up!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com