Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cloudy/Hazy Stripes 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloudy/Hazy Stripes 2010 Camaro

HELP!!! A little while ago i started noticing my stripes on bumblebee were looking couldy with a white haze to them, there was swirling in the haze so i figured it was from when I had the car detailed and they waxed over the stripes, i am not sure if you are supposed to wax over the stripes or not, or if it really is wax or not, it would seem stupid to not be able to wax the hood, but now i cant get this haze out. I took it in to the dealer ship and the service manager looked at it and agreed that it is not right, the stripes should not be hazy like that, they wrote it up as some kind of environmental contamination and covered it by warrantee they sent it out the the body shop and had those guys look at it, they didnt want to use their super degreaser for fear of damaging the stripes, it got sent back to the dealership where their detailers looked at it and tried to buff it out and clean it out with a mild detergent and water, it is better now but you can still see the hazy swirls in the sun. Since then the service guy has been paying attention to all the camaros he sees coming through that have the black stripes, one other car has the total hazy look like mine has, and one camaro has white spots in the stripes that refuse to buff out. The service guys are being awesome about it and just seem upset to not be able to come up with a satisfactory solution. He said we could replace the stripes but i dont know if they would adhear as well as they did from the factory, and i would probably just run into the same issue in the future, plus if it is wax and not something else this seems like a stupid problem to have, not being able to wax my hood/trunk/spoiler...

Has anyone else run into a similar issue, they said they are willing to try to work with us and they have been in contact with GM about trying to find a solution. They said if this is a major problem that lots of us are having they definatly want to know about it, and if anyone else has a good solution/prevention for this we would like to know about that as well, thanks

Doug