General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need Some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some help

Was wondering if someone could help me I keep getting Lean codes bank 1 and Bank 2.. The previous owner decided to make his own mods to the MAF sensor with a dremel tool. I thought that is why I was getting lean codes getting to much air so I replaced the MAF today but the light came back on was just wondering if anyone possibly would know what this could be. I'm thinking o2s???

Thanks

Last edited by Petersen; 07-14-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Petersen;15153778]Was wondering if someone could help me I keep getting Lean codes bank 1 and Bank 2.. The previous owner decided to make his own mods to the MAF sensor with a dremel tool. I thought that is why I was getting lean codes getting to much air so I replaced the MAF today but the light came back on was just wondering if anyone possibly would know what this could be. I'm thinking o2s???

Thanks[/QUOTE}

Are they Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 Sensor 1? I'm pretty sure those are both rear O2s, the ones closest to your catalytic converters. If they are, you should be able to just put in new sensors and be on your way.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

Yea they are Bank1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 1 Thanks a lot Sweep for helping me out man.