Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

want to lower my car but have moser 9in

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default want to lower my car but have moser 9in

i want to buy new shocks and lowering springs but i have a moser 9in and i heard it'll make a hole in ur body. would having a adj torque arm help not bang on the lower body( im talking about my car lol)?? anyways what are some other ways if this doesnt fix it?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Im lowered and have the moser 9.... No problems yet
Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 Freak
i want to buy new shocks and lowering springs but i have a moser 9in and i heard it'll make a hole in ur body. would having a adj torque arm help not bang on the lower body( im talking about my car lol)?? anyways what are some other ways if this doesnt fix it?
You will not have any issues with a 9" causing problems in your car. There are a few things you are going to have to look out for. The 9" rearends cheat the torque arm mounting position over to the driver's side which can cause clearance issue between the torque arm and the body of the car. The issue becomes a bigger deal when the car is lowered but there are still ways to get around it. What torque arm are you using? The BMR torque arms have two sets of mounting holes on the bracket of the torque arm, you could use the set of holes that move the torque arm furthest to the center of the car and this should take care of any clearance issues you have.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

i am using a UMI TA. Ive heard many ppl's cars messed up cuz they have lowered cars with 9in. i also have a relocation bracket as well off the tranny.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 Freak
i am using a UMI TA. Ive heard many ppl's cars messed up cuz they have lowered cars with 9in. i also have a relocation bracket as well off the tranny.
I am pretty sure their torque arm has two sets of mounting holes so as long as you use the set that puts the torque arm furthest to the center of the car you will be fine. Within the last couple months I have done a couple 9" installs and all cars were lowered and had no clearance issues. If you so run into clearance issues you can clearance the tunnel of the car a bit easily.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

sweet appreciate it man!!