Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shocks inoperable error code on 02 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shocks inoperable error code on 02 Z06?

I'm trying to help a frustrated friend with an issue he's having with his 2002 Z06 which I'm 95% sure is somehow related to a shocks inoperable code. Here's the most problematic symptom:

Whenever he's going over approximately 45mph, there's some sort of a safety device being enabled which cuts throttle and prevents the car from accelerating any further. If it will accelerate at all, it's very very slowly. This is a smooth lack of power as if a throttle limiter is being engaged. I borrowed a Tech 2 from a friend at one point and verified that the wheel speed sensors were all good.

He has a trouble code showing on his dash which reads Service Ride Control, Shocks Inoperable.

From what I understand, this shocks inoperable code is typically related to a suspension module which the Z06's apparently don't have. Past experience would make me think it has something to do with a BCM of some sort, but I don't want to start throwing parts at it. Has anybody dealt with this issue in the past, or can anyone provide me with a little troubleshooting insight?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:04 PM
wrencher

Need to get that tech II back & go thru all the modules & see if there is an issue.
Is everything still factory, PCM, BCM, IPC, EBCM etc???

Did the TAC have anything to report?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

z06 parts ain't cheap, I'd take it to a qualified dealer or Vette tech to be diagnosed properly. That message can be caused by a number of things. What fixed one car may not fix another.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure why I didn't get notified of a response to this thread guys, my bad.

wrencher - All the modules are factory. It's now a bolt-on car with factory suspension other than minitubs, it was previously an STS twin turbo car. I don't recall there being anything out of the ordinary with the TAC module.

Quick Reply: Shocks inoperable error code on 02 Z06?