Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where To Get Spacers For Sway Bar??

Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where To Get Spacers For Sway Bar??

I need at least 2" spacers for the sway bar to fit fight. My brother has some lowering blocks that I'm going to try to use for mocking everything up.

Also where would I find u bolts that long??
Old 07-16-2011, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent
Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Staging Lane

easy go to energy suspension for the sway bar end links and for the u bolts get some measurements and go to www.dorman.com and check out their online catalog or if that doesnt have it go to ok4wd.com and search for u bolts for a lifted early 90's chevy silverado 1500
Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by artic99z28
easy go to energy suspension for the sway bar end links and for the u bolts get some measurements and go to www.dorman.com and check out their online catalog or if that doesnt have it go to ok4wd.com and search for u bolts for a lifted early 90's chevy silverado 1500
I have a Hellwig rear sway bar that has the adjustable end links, so I don't need those. I'll take a look for the U bolts though, Thanks

Apparently my car is too low or the sway bar just fits like ****. My LCAs are even with the ground and the sway bar is pointing down at a pretty good angle, I think a 2" spacer would help out alot
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

i used to sell autoparts @ a specialty performance store in pennsylvania dealt with alot of stuff that wasnt typical replacment so i can usually dig up part numbers from catalogs that most people dont know exist so if u run into trouble finding a part pm me ill do what i can 2 get a part no
Old 07-17-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by artic99z28
i used to sell autoparts @ a specialty performance store in pennsylvania dealt with alot of stuff that wasnt typical replacment so i can usually dig up part numbers from catalogs that most people dont know exist so if u run into trouble finding a part pm me ill do what i can 2 get a part no
Thanks man

I talked to a buddy of mine this weekend and he said he has a piece of 3/4" thick aluminum thats 18" x 18" that I can have. So I'm going to cut it up into blocks and make my own spacers. I have another guy I know with a TIG welder and I'm going to see if he will weld them together for me when I figure out how thick they need to be.

Now I need a 3" diameter U bolt thats 7/16 threads and 6-8" long. I may just get some U bolts for mounting an axle to leaf springs. They are a bigger diameter, but will be alot easier to find than 7/16 u bolts.

Or I could weld the sway bar brackets to the axle and simply bolt on the sway bar with the spacers installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where To Get Spacers For Sway Bar??