Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whippled L99 vs Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whippled L99 vs Challenger

Well, as most stories start: There I was minding my own buisness, driving home from New Orleans with the cruise control set on 60mph going through a construction zone. I was approaching the "twin span" (I-10 bridge crossing Lake Pontchartrain) in the middle lane, when an Impala and a maroon Challenger SRT8 blew past me, one on each side. I shook my head and watched them go. The Challenger was toying with the Impala. As I entered the bridge past the construction in the middle lane of 3 lanes of new roadway, I bumped the cruise up to 70 mph. The Challenger and Impala were in the left two lanes still playing. They slowed down, and as I came up on the Challenger, I moved over to the left lane (not touching the cruise), he punched it when my front bumper got even with his rear. So, I moved back into the middle lane. He slowed again, and I moved left to pass, cruise set.... and he punched it again, I laughed and move back into the middle lane. He slows again, 3rd time, I turned the cruise off, looked to find no traffic on the bridge ahead of us, and eased into the left lane with the same result, he punches it and I call , I rolled into the throttle and jumped up next to him, I leveled out next to him at 135, looked over, smiled and rolled back into the throttle, at 155 I looked up and was about 10 car lengths ahead of him and let off. I eased over to the far right lane (no Impala) and set the cruise at 70.

With his a$$ well spanked, he eases past me in the far left lane and doesn't look over at me. But........when he's ahead of me the back of the Challenger lights up with red, blue and white strobes, I laughed, heck anyone can go to AAC and buy lights!

About a week later, while coming home from New Orleans after an Arena football game on I-10, 10pm, we approach an accident, red, blue and white strobes everywhere, and lo and behold, his lights just a strobe'n was the maroon Challenger SRT8. (flash back)DAMN! 150+ in a 60 mph zone, racing a cop!....He started it your honor!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited by Gatorjak; 07-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

wow wtf?!!?! so he let u basically run him and didnt pull u over? he pulled someone else over with the lights on after the race?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sujomatt
wow wtf?!!?! so he let u basically run him and didnt pull u over? he pulled someone else over with the lights on after the race?
Life experience required here I see sujo: the cop was playing with his no doubt new cop car (99% chance the Impala was also a undercover car) and was out enjoying it when he raced OP. After getting stomped by OP he hit the lights momentarily while infront of him to let him know he was a cop- same thing I would have done if I was the cop, a way to let the other guy know that some cops are car guys too, and can be cool about it.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you had fun
Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had something like that happen before. Going up a hill that was 4 lane and went back to 2 lane after it crested. I was in my truck and this tahoe was trying to get past me to the top. we both had it floored and I edged him out at the top. my turn was soon after and when I looked in the mirror, it was a sheriff's tahoe. he just kept driving.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Lol that's crazy!!! The same thing happened to me in Vegas!! I lined up with a new Taurus at a red light an the guy throw me a rev and I was like ok.. He had limo tint all around light turned green, I took off slow and then smashed it by 50 I was a good 2 1/2 cars in front and he flashed his lights and I stopped fast and he pulled next to me laughing and said becareful, you never know who's next to you!!! I was like thank god he did not pull me over
Old 07-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Thats amazing, only story i have like that is i pulled out in front of a highway patrol once and stomped on it not knowing he was back there lol

i ran it up to about 95 in a 65 and slowed back down when i realized there was a car on my bumper so close i couldnt see its headlights.. and he just eased passed me staring me down.. his partner couldnt hold it in and busted out laughing and they just floored it and continued about there business lol
Old 07-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Great story!!...Are you the guy that did terrences camaro (black with red stripes)?? If so heard your car runs like a bat outta hell!