General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:27 PM
DGA
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel rails

Hello, first post on here. I have an LS1, 97/ 98 model, new crate engine, I am swapping the intake manifold and throttle body for LS3 ones. Wondering, are the fuel rails all the same, I know that there are returnless and the one I have now is a return type, wanting to ditch that and go with a returnless type. Are the injector angles and spacings all the same on these engines?

Thanks, DaveA.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont believe the ls3 intake will work being they are rectangular port and all ls1's are cathedral.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:32 PM
DGA
Teching In

Thanks for the tip, didnt know the ports were different. So what intake manifold with a 4 bolt throttle should I look for? Also, are the injectors the same spacings though on all of them?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their arent many options if you want stock. for aftermarket their is always FAST, expensive but best of the best. Pro-products has a ls2 96mm intake that is a 4 bolt and would work for you. Their are mixed emotions about the pro-products, but in my opinion they are decent for the money. I see them go for around 3-400 for the intake and billet rails. If your looking for the "best bang for your buck" get a ls6 intake and get this adaptor from ebay to run a 4 bolt throttle body. the adaptor allows for the use of a 90-92mm throttle body to be used. how do i know this because i have the exact setup lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS2-L...Q5fAccessories

Heres a few pics of my setup:
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 AM
DGA
Teching In

Very nice setup. I need to keep this as stock as possible, this motor will never go over 4000 rpm, so torque and mid range power is what I want. I don't have the room for a spacer or I would just keep my stock intake and use an adapter to the 4 bolt throttle body. I am using the LS2 4 bolt throttle body because I went with the E40 ECU with the throttle control.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:26 PM
DGA
Teching In

Bump for this, are all the fuel rails the same, will they all fit all the manifolds?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking the LS1,6,and 2, maybe the 3 rails are the same if not real close. The mounting ears may be in different spots and different heights. The injector spacing from frt to rear should be the same.

The trucks are different then the cars. The injector heights and types are different. The LS1,and 6's are the same. The Ls2 is different and then the Ls3 is different again.http://www.fuelairspark.com/WhatsNew...stechsheet.pdf
Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
DGA
Teching In

Thanks for that. Guessing that the LS1/6 and the LS2 rails are similar, looks like the O rings are the same on those. The LS7 looks like a different O ring and is certainly a diffrent length injector, so probably not there.