Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How-to De-pin Fuse blocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How-to De-pin Fuse blocks

So since I removed my AIR system and relocated my fuse blocks in my 2000 Trans Am, I decided to remove the "extra" wires. I snapped some fair pics with my iPhone so I could show everyone how to de-pin these things with common tools. I'll leave the pics as attachments because they ARE big.

Tools needed:
Small/micro flathead screwdriver
Needle-nose pliars

As shown in the first pic, there are plastic inserts to keep the pins in. Use the screwdriver to pry em out a bit then pull with your fingers. You don't need to remove em all the way, just enough so they clear the pins (as shown in second pic).

From the top side, you'll notice there's a small notch where the fuse or relay plugged in. Insert the micro screwdriver there and push it in. It'll be hard to push and you'll have to play with the depth. (See 3rd Pic)

From the back side of the fuse block, grab the base of the wire with your needle-nose pliars and wiggle and pull the wire out. It's as simple as that. (See 4th Pic)
Attached Thumbnails How-to De-pin Fuse blocks-de-pin-1.jpg   How-to De-pin Fuse blocks-de-pin-2.jpg   How-to De-pin Fuse blocks-de-pin-3.jpg   How-to De-pin Fuse blocks-de-pin-4.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's actually a special tool that you can find rather easily. It is basically a tool that looks like a standard screw driver with a curve formed into the blade. All you do is push it in from the top of the fuse block and pull the wire out. I unpinned both fuse blocks when I did the relocate so I could avoid cutting any wires.

Quick Reply: How-to De-pin Fuse blocks