LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tune software

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune software

i'd like to learn how to tune my car myself. need some recommendations on software. I'm the third owner of this 97 z28. the first owner did work to it...vortec supercharger tune fireball ignition etc. second owner was some dope who didnt do anything to the car. he thought it was supercharged and bragged about how fast it was....LOL the belt wasnt even hooked up. the kid was clueless. unfortunately because of this and not having the original owners contact information im blind as to what this car really has. I did throw a belt on the supercharger and the car missed like crazy. did full tune up and it runs well but i still feel like its not 100 percent which is why id like to get it on the computer and see what its doing. it does have the timing retard in the cockpit but im not so sure what i should be set at. Blower has a 10# pully on it and Im running 93 octane. Its not detonating or anything however it does cough a little around 6k. Another thing....rev limiter is set at 6400 which leads me to believe either whoever worked on this thing just rolled the dice with turning a hi rpm or did some bottom end work. from what i understand takin the stock bottom end over six k is iffy because of the conntecting rod bolts. any ideas guys? what do you recommend i do. This is my first lt1 so its all pretty new to me. I always built first gen 1 small blocks that were carburated ha ha its like night and day. I am gonna start my own build this winter on a clean slate lt1 but i don know if ill be done by the spring i wanna take my time and do it right which means its gonna cost several thousand so in the mean time id like to keep whats in it alive as long as i can. New build will use this supercharger but i plan on dropping my compression to 9.5:1 and running a little more boost but thats later haha. help me out guys thanks!