General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

what does this mean? help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does this mean? help please

ive got a 94 saturn, i know its not an ls car but i know someone here can help, since i got banned for no reason from the saturn forum. anyway, i pulled out one of the spark plug boots and it was drenched in oil! what does this mean? the car runs fine, no knocks or ticking. can someone please help me out? thanks in advance...
Old 07-17-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

One of the tube seals is bad. Usually they come in a set with the valve cover gasket just replace all of them
Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM

Default Rofl@banned

Originally Posted by unclelchap
ive got a 94 saturn, i know its not an ls car but i know someone here can help, since i got banned for no reason from the saturn forum. anyway, i pulled out one of the spark plug boots and it was drenched in oil! what does this mean? the car runs fine, no knocks or ticking. can someone please help me out? thanks in advance...
Dont feel bad I got banned from a camaro tech forum for telling ppl how to fix their cars. they felt like a newbie was undermining their operations. now i will be more suttle when I diagnose ppls problems ,
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gary96camaro
Dont feel bad I got banned from a camaro tech forum for telling ppl how to fix their cars. they felt like a newbie was undermining their operations. now i will be more suttle when I diagnose ppls problems ,
yeah but i didnt even post anything! i just bought the car and wanted to get some info on it so i joined the forum. next time i logged in it said i was banned for "no reason specified"! then i tried to create a new account with a different email and was banned again before any post or anything!!! well whatever, screw em
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigj2717
One of the tube seals is bad. Usually they come in a set with the valve cover gasket just replace all of them
thanks! ill do it today!!! o, how do i get the oil out of the tube? sorry ive never dealt with this before...
Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 AM

Default Very easy

Originally Posted by unclelchap
thanks! ill do it today!!! o, how do i get the oil out of the tube? sorry ive never dealt with this before...
when you remove all you have to the tubes you replace will be oil free, or you can remove the spark plugs and crank engine, but if your leaking alot while the oil comes out the holes more will go back in it.

so good luck. once you open it up it will be like a can of corn, you will be changing all kinds of stuff.