Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Airbag module

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Airbag module

so i just replaced my airbag module with one i got off here (guy said was good, never deployed airbags). i swapped my gauge cluster recently and the tunner said my airbag module was bad so i swapped it out and the light is still on. does anyone know how i can reset the airbag system to stock so the light turns off? i have also heard that after a cluster swap the airbag light will stay on untill a re-sync is done. so i am a little stuck, and just want the light to go off so the bags will deploy in an accident. any advice is welcome
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

What code are you getting? I understand that airbags are coded for your particular VIN and when you replace them, you need a dealer to re-program your SRS module.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

all i know it the tuner told me the module was bad, to replace it. so i did. maybe i will take it to the dealer to have them reset it. it will have to be a chevy dealer cause pontiac is no more
Old 07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any dealer can clear the code for you. I'm assuming it was showing an internal failure code if your tuner said it was a module. I would say bring it on by our shop and we could take care of it for you but your a little ways away from Arkansas. -Nick

Quick Reply: Airbag module