Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec stage 3+ High Engagement

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec stage 3+ High Engagement

I installed my spec stage 3+ in my 06 GTO about 6k miles ago, and have been having some recent issues. I bought the clutch with 5k miles on it from a contact. Basically the clutch has always had chatter, but it makes this horrible groaning noise when first engaging when its cold. But the biggest problem is that I dont (believe) that it is engaging all the way due to the engagement starting at the top of the clutch pedal. The clutch recently started slipping in 5th and 6th under load (and I am on a stock setup). Ive asked the fellows at tick if the adj. master cylinder would help and they said prob not. Is there anything I can do in respects to taking the trans apart and making sure nothings wrong? Anything particular to look for? Any mistakes that can create this problem?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rextheracer
I installed my spec stage 3+ in my 06 GTO about 6k miles ago, and have been having some recent issues. I bought the clutch with 5k miles on it from a contact. Basically the clutch has always had chatter, but it makes this horrible groaning noise when first engaging when its cold. But the biggest problem is that I dont (believe) that it is engaging all the way due to the engagement starting at the top of the clutch pedal. The clutch recently started slipping in 5th and 6th under load (and I am on a stock setup). Ive asked the fellows at tick if the adj. master cylinder would help and they said prob not. Is there anything I can do in respects to taking the trans apart and making sure nothings wrong? Anything particular to look for? Any mistakes that can create this problem?
Start simple and bleed the hydraulic system and flush all the old fluid.

Did you shim the unit when you installed it?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typically a high pedal would not evidence air in the system. That being said did you install the shim? Did you take measurements before doing so? Based on your description it almost sounds like you have the shim installed and don't need it. Or, that you have a clutch disc that is simply worn out, leading to a high pedal. Did you check the disc thickness before installing? Let me know and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks,