Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

98 t/a a4 to m6 conversion, Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 t/a a4 to m6 conversion, Help Needed!

Okay guys I am converting my 98 t/a from a4 to m6, I know 98 cars have a diff harness/computer than the 99-02 cars, I was wondering if anybody has a writeup on this conversion for a 98 car. My big concern is the wiring. I really would like to keep the reverse lockout and all the other factory 6speed electronic features, other than skip shift. Any pictures or step by step instructions on what i need to do to convert the wiring part of the install would be awesome! Thanks

Also I plan on going center console delete and will be going with new carpet, and will be needing to relocate/remove the airbag sensor underneith the center console. Has anybody relocated this airbag sensor before? any pictures of new relocation spot/helpful hints?

What brand of carpet are you guys haveing luck with as far as really good fitment? Weight is not a concern of mine, Just want a good well fitting carpet that will allow me to cut my own holes, since i will not have the factory console in the car anymore. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Everything about the wiring is in the sticky, I believe it even covers 98 pcm.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

could not find info in the sticky as to what wires you use off of the auto shifter electric connector to the reverse lights connector on the t56? and what wires you use to go to the cruise control and clutch anticipation switch on the m6 pedals? anybody? It has to be info for a 1998 car only...99-02 are different pcm/wiring.