View Full Version : Michigan Auto Workers Are Irresponsible! Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot On The Clock

news informer
07-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Workers from Chrysler's Trenton, Mich. Engine Plant were captured on video, apparently drinking and smoking marijuana while on a break.

Now, Chrysler is suspending the nine workers without pay while the company investigates.

Here's a great article from a Detroit Auto Beat Reporter.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/chrysler-suspends-workers-who-were-caught-on-video/

After a similar incident happened last year, also in Michigan...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/chrysler-workers-suspended/

can we really trust those working in Michigan's auto industry with building our cars?

Tainted
07-20-2011, 09:34 AM
thats just dealer incentive. Buy a new car, find a bag of weed. What gets better than that? fuck cash back

Zac_Speed
07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
If you have a problem there I suggest you go to every construction site and search cars. Hell their coolers too. Or go check you Dr. or Vet's desk for booze.

There's always gonna be bad apples. You post this because a company could afford to pay someone to spy on their workers. Do it other places and the same thing is going to happen.

babbage1109
07-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I feel like this is spam

Cool28
07-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I say who gives a shit. If they can still do your job and do it well who cares.

djsanchez2
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
:spam:

heymoej
07-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I feel like this is spam

^^^^^^^^^^ this. :ban:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
dont feed the idiots please.

Latch
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
If you have a problem there I suggest you go to every construction site and search cars. Hell their coolers too. Or go check you Dr. or Vet's desk for booze.

There's always gonna be bad apples. You post this because a company could afford to pay someone to spy on their workers. Do it other places and the same thing is going to happen.

^ This.

Someone needs to do an investigation into cops drinking on the job, I bet they'd uncover some disturbing shit.

01ssreda4
07-21-2011, 06:59 AM
This is a shitty first post OP.

news informer :eyes:

COOKIE MONSTER
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Maybe this incident will open up for jobs for Quality Control Managers

Ruthless Robbie
07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Some people just don't get it. Actually some people are basically saying its normal for people to be drinking/getting high on the job..... This country and the stupidity coming out of it is laughable. People should be upset that we take our families, children, and infants in car rides...... Do you really want your car put together by someone on a buzz?

People in this country are getting worse and worse as each generation goes by. It's like reverse evolution.

redbadss
07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Some people just don't get it. Actually some people are basically saying its normal for people to be drinking/getting high on the job..... This country and the stupidity coming out of it is laughable. People should be upset that we take our families, children, and infants in car rides...... Do you really want your car put together by someone on a buzz?

People in this country are getting worse and worse as each generation goes by. It's like reverse evolution.

^x2

exactly what i was thinking

Latch
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Okay fine, but where's the investigation into cops drunk on the job, or pilots drunk on the job, or teachers drunk on the job? Auto workers are being singled out for political reasons, not because they're the only ones who have had something to drink before coming to work.

88blackgt
07-21-2011, 02:05 PM

this^^^

"It's ok because those guys do it too"

Okay fine, but where's the investigation into cops drunk on the job, or pilots drunk on the job, or teachers drunk on the job? Auto workers are being singled out for political reasons, not because they're the only ones who have had something to drink before coming to work.

Maybe, but either way until someone puts up the cash or time to investigate this you dont have a leg to stand on. I'd also bet the percentage of above jobs is lower than auto workers.

Irunelevens
07-21-2011, 04:39 PM

I imagine it probably has something to do with how easy it is to catch UAW workers drinking/smoking on their lunch breaks. I don't think it would be very easy to get a camera crew inside the cockpit of an airliner.

Lethal Z
07-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I imagine it probably has something to do with how easy it is to catch UAW workers drinking/smoking on their lunch breaks. I don't think it would be very easy to get a camera crew inside the cockpit of an airliner.

How easy it is? What exactly does that mean? If someone wants a drink or smoke bad enough there gonna figure out a way to do it. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier.

Irunelevens
07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
How easy it is? What exactly does that mean? If someone wants a drink or smoke bad enough there gonna figure out a way to do it. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier.

The fact that they have repeatedly been caught smoking out in the open... like a few months ago when they were filmed by a crew in a van smoking/drinking in a park. That's pretty damn easy, if you ask me.

Lethal Z
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
The fact that they have repeatedly been caught smoking out in the open... like a few months ago when they were filmed by a crew in a van smoking/drinking in a park. That's pretty damn easy, if you ask me.

Ok, I'll ask again. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier? I assure you part of being a member of the UAW does not require you to drink and get high before your shift or at break time. These guys made bad choices, and they should be dealt with accordingly. Its not an oppoutunity to throw the entire UAW organization under the bus.

01 Bad Mutha F*****
07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Who cares, you don't think some construction workers and roofers building your house are getting fucked up. Nine workers in a plant that employees three or four thousand. That is .009% of the workforce.

Latch
07-21-2011, 08:06 PM
How about this... Wall Street got billions of dollars in bailout money and haven't done jack shit for the economy. Where's the investigation into the crooks on Wall Street who are doing shots and snorting coke before gambling with OUR taxpayer dollars?

Fuck, this country is screwed man. We're worried about some working stiff having a beer on his lunch break, but we turn a blind eye to the REAL criminals who crashed the economy in the first place and are still robbing us of our money to this day. God damnit man, people need to wake up.

726.0chevelle
07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
A couple of guys was caught smoking dope on the job that I was on yesterday. And guess what ???????? They were not union craftsmen! It happens everywhere. And yes the chrysler people work on cars and that deals with public safety. But the guys that where caught on my job they were wiring emergency generators on a hospital.

Irunelevens
07-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Ok, I'll ask again. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier? I assure you part of being a member of the UAW does not require you to drink and get high before your shift or at break time. These guys made bad choices, and they should be dealt with accordingly. Its not an oppoutunity to throw the entire UAW organization under the bus.

You're focusing too much on the "UAW" part... I wasn't saying that UAW people are more likely to do these activities on the job, I was saying that THESE PARTICULAR PEOPLE are easier to catch doing those things than the other groups (police, pilots) you mentioned.