Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Ok, guys. A quick plea for direction...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, guys. A quick plea for direction...

So after removing the passenger side door panel in hopes of finding some glaring sturdy part that shall represent the exquisite operation of both the window and its motor, I find nothing to reproduce to recreate for the drivers side. The passenger's side inner door area itself is just amazing, clean..ish, tight, and let's not forget functional.

Which is great 'n all, but really, after living with my DRIVERS SIDE door panel OFF for weeks in hopes of--through my better understanding of it's internal mechanics over time-- building a functional alternative to a new part that would FINALLY allow the driver side window to go up and down UNASSISTED (for fear of it falling inside the car and crashing across my lap, should any of you YET not know). Thus, I have had no such luck.

I've read all the posts about window rivets, and felts, and... well replaced 'em. The problem still exists. The best I can guess, is some fashion of steel or metallic strapping that connects the two upward and downward catching white 1" plastic hooks placed in each others path. However, it's duplicate is not staring me in the face from the passenger side door.

In other words, I can't explain why, even with the door panels off, that the passenger window operation is tight and beautiful and the drivers side is and has been a nightmare for years. I have Shoebox's wonderful cutaway video. Bless him. Alas there is still this problem.

The door panels are refinished and reconditioned. I would really love to put them back on while I'm in my thirties. Also my five-year-old set of plastic A-shaped window sill replacements... yup, still in the bag.

Thanks, guys, and girls... never know.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, ..., that's just phukin hard to read & understand what the real problem is, ...
Explain just the problem, ..., in plain simple english?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

WTF did i just read?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've gotta be joking. It looks like you're trying to use bigger words to sound smart.

You're just joking right?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

yep jus jokin so sorry to have offended all of your tender sensibilities.

And come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I've visited this country club of self back-patters for the most mundane of bolt on mods, and gotten anything in return. Similarly I doubt there's been a time I've posted a picture or a video and it hasn't received tens of insults having nothing to do with my original reason for posting.

My driver's side window falls in. Duh. I'm looking for something that exists in the passenger window assembly that doesn't (anymore) in the driver's side. Duh, again.

You know, there's a word for behavior in dialogue or writing that defines using "big words"-- 'pedantic'. Look it up. And neither my original question, nor this one represents anything more than an 8th grade education.

I'm studying to be an English professor. All of you fail. You didn't even try to sound out the words. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

About my little window problem, I'll take care of it... thanks for five years of machismo homophobic group think type masturbation. All of act you so fast to jump on the ignorant social bandwagon. There is no difference in the kind of idiocy you men display here, than the tired jaded souls in the opening of the second world war... all so easily offended, so quick to pounce.. on anything-- a Jewish family for instance, or a nation of families. Your stupidity leaves you open to impression. Thank GOD Hitler is dead and does not drive a BOLT-ON, mildly modded, mostly OEM LS type reflection of the ORIGINAL GM DESIGN. (I was just at Nationals. Show up next year. K.I.T.T. will be there.
No retail parts allowed.)

Just delete my ******* account. You morons really deserve each other. Have a great day. Be sure to read all of the instructions that come with what you are about to **** up, as well as all of the write ups for changing light bulb colors, swapping bumpers, and re re re-programming your lock transmitters.

Go back to school, ladies.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's what I gather

1) you own a dictionary and pick a new word to use every day... good for you
2) you are clearly not from this country originally... welcome

3) we won the war... f*ck off
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Actually I'm Caucasian. Born in raised in Hagerstown, Maryland. I was a pilgrim in our fifth grade school play. And I'm not Jewish. I was just making a point about your idiocy.

Just accept it. You're wicked dumb. A bag of door ***** looks arrogant to you. However; it isn't my fault the sum of you are intellectually impoverished.

Knight.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LastKnight
I'm studying to be an English professor.
Oh that makes sense. So you're and you think you're better then everyone else because you're going to school to be a professor congratulations
Old 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Oh that's right, I in no way signed on here to ask a question about my car-- only to act better than everyone. What a bunch of *********.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understood every word you wrote. You did not mention your window falls in. I hope you teach your student to convey a thought. It's nice that you know a lot of words but it is not necessary to share them all at once.

The point is "Get to the point". A window is a very easy fix. You are obviously missing a stop. GL

Last edited by LSCha0s; 07-22-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

funny, but a bit over the top.

I have a friend who loves this sense of humor and I have others who find it a bit dramatic and 'pendantic'

quit picking fights, no one really cares about you, just your car.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

^ See that basket? Get in it with the kitty.
You both have the same nick-name now.

If you have a problem, simply explain the problem. That's it.
Shet, when I first read it, ..., I had to go thru it again to try to figure out what the issue was.
Finally just gave up & left my typical smart-*** reply, which I thought was kinda funny at the time.

Now with your responses, you look like a big-*** phukin douche-bag.
*Fez's voice* "Good Day."
Old 07-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LastKnight
Oh that's right, I in no way signed on here to ask a question about my car-- only to act better than everyone. What a bunch of *********.
My thoughts:

- No one has the necessity nor desire to read your novella and subsequent diatribes. See how much of a pretentious dick I sound like? If you're asking for help, get to the point quickly. Pictures work. Even better if you draw red arrows on them. Everyone likes red arrows.

- Insulting people is not the best way to get help. People here were willing to help you if you posted a summary of your problem. You went straight for insults. Aimed at the entire BOARD! Not cool, dude. Not cool.

- There are intelligent people here, and there are less-than-intelligent people here. The commonality is we all love our cars. Can't we all get along? (P.S. Yes. Yes we can.)

- If someone insults pictures/videos of your car, you could:
1. Ignore them. YOU like your car, right?
2. Joke with them about it. It could be misplaced humor.
3. Take it as constructive criticism, and ask why. If one person insults something, he/she could be being a dick. If ALL of them do, maybe they have a point.

- it's != its, Mr. English Major. Just sayin.

- This is the internet. Don't take it too seriously.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Whoo-hoo! Excellent First Post by speeding ticket!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Teching In

It's funny that he would get on here and ask a question because he can't figure it out.....and then he calls everyone on here stupid.....haha....weird
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Launching!

This thread made me laugh. Seriously though, just because you're an English major doesn't mean you have to complicate what you're trying to say. I honestly had to read your original post twice because your simple question was scrambled across 5 paragraphs.

But if you still want help, take pictures of the inside of your door and we can go from there.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:04 PM

This one got trashed wow what a good forum to look for help yeah its hard to read but hell we hall have made crap posts at one time, I would just say take it to the gm dealer and have them fk fix it and be happy DIY IS NOT FOR ALL and thats ok, but saying this thing has been a problem for years = take it to the shop.

one of u fks that bash and bash ppl hear that are looking for help and hide behind your pc I just hope carma fks you and your ride up, if u all want to hate take it to one of them import forums u like so much,
Old 07-23-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larson666
This one got trashed wow what a good forum to look for help yeah its hard to read but hell we hall have made crap posts at one time, I would just say take it to the gm dealer and have them fk fix it and be happy DIY IS NOT FOR ALL and thats ok, but saying this thing has been a problem for years = take it to the shop.

one of u fks that bash and bash ppl hear that are looking for help and hide behind your pc I just hope carma fks you and your ride up, if u all want to hate take it to one of them import forums u like so much,
Why don't you go over to his house and fix it for him?
Maybe he wont judge you like he did the rest of us. Clearly you both have great poetic writing skills.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

You whine about people throwing in their 2 cents, and you being butt hurt. Yet blow up when people try to figure out your problem to help you, good job hypocrit. You also have many many errors in your grammar and puncuation, might want to start thinking about a new profession. While you're at it quit being a pretentious ******* and maybe get a real life. Just some food for thought

No sir we do not wish his car to be fucked up, just him
Old 07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Welkum a'board' nooby.
I kant spell good, butt I am nut hyding ether.

FYI, We'd luv two help, iffin we jus new watt duh problem is fer shur.

If yer two frickin' thin-skinned to take a ribbin', den don't play on duh interwebs.