LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P1870 Tuning Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default P1870 Tuning Issue

Hey guys I have a 96 Trans Am with an LT1 and a recently rebuilt 4L60E (like less than 10,000 easy miles on it) and recently I have been getting an 1870 code followed by the 1670 that gives me the hard shifts.

The tranny has a shift kit and a factory speed stall converter and the tranny guy seems pretty good so I trust that the issue isn't actually the tranny. I think it's in the tune. I say that because since it's been rebuilt I've had a Hypertech tune in it with no issues. Recently unistalled the Hypertech but in the middle of deprogramming it the unit went bad on my. I wont even get into the bs I've heard from HT but since that happended I have had the 1870 issue.

I have a local guy that has helped me retune the car but we cant get the TCC to lock up. The computer is commanding it but it's still not happening. I found this thread where the guy was having the same issues and he zero'd out TCC minimum press and zero'd out TCC Solenoid minimum PWM.

I gave this info to my tuner but he is using Tunercat and does not have the ability to change these settings. He admits that he isn't the best with trans tuning but seems to have done great so far and is still trying to help me get this figured out.

Can any of you tell me what I should try or tell him to look for? I really need some help on this one. Living with no TCC lock up is one thing but the hard shifts are killing me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Quick Reply: P1870 Tuning Issue