LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Walbro Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Walbro Problems?

Well i bought a used Walbro from a friend which was in perfect working order with the hotwire kit. Installed it ran perfect for about 500 miles and then it left me stranded and had to tow it back to my house. Popped the fuse so for a temp fix to see if it worked or not was to use a breaker inline to see if it would absorb it and be fine and if it did pop it would reset itself and id be able to restart it and get me home without a tow or keep tossing fuses in it. Harness looks fine no breaks or burns and grounded good. Went out for a drive today and about 30 mins in im at a light turns green give it some gas and died instantly and got it going again probubly did this about 20 times while on my way home. Im going to check the readings on the wiring to see if its actually the pump or something else. I just know there are alot of bad reviews on these pumps. My buddy told me he waited for the revised to avoid these issues.

Does this sound like a bad pump?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check and see if the 90deg connection at the lid where it good thru the lid shows signs of being burnt, mine was and kept shorting untill I broke that little 90degree connection out an ran a solid wire into the tank thru the lid.