LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Did the shift kit today and to my surprise...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did the shift kit today and to my surprise...

...the pan was completely clean, no metal as well as the fluid! This after 44000 miles. I'm very surprised and couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll get more out of this than one thought. Finally something positive.

As for the TransGo, I'm pretty please. A bit disappointed on the up shifts but the down shifts make the kit worth it.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro69z
...the pan was completely clean, no metal as well as the fluid! This after 44000 miles. I'm very surprised and couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll get more out of this than one thought. Finally something positive.

As for the TransGo, I'm pretty please. A bit disappointed on the up shifts but the down shifts make the kit worth it.
I agree with this, it is worth it. Downshifts are snappy and responsive. The upshifts are sometimes a little rough or jerky, but I think this has to do to the type of transmission we have than the shift kit. Even with my new beefed up tranny, it still shifts kinda hard every once and a while. But I will say with the 3.29's, the hardened input shafts, the booster kit, shift kit, and new chain set, this car has woken up into a new animal. I just need to tune the tranny to accept the new gear ratio and I have a highway beast on my hands. Up next, LS6 intake......