Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up 9" on the way!

Well I pulled the trigger on a great condition 9" center section. My car has been down for a month due to the broken 10 bolt that happened under normal cruising. The center section I got is a stock Ford 9" case with 3.50 gears, and a 31 spline TracLoc posi. I plan to have it rebuilt with some 4.11s and bearing/seal kit. I know the stock Ford casing isn't the strongest, and everyone preaches nodular iron cases, but for now I need to get my car on the road without wasting money on a 10 bolt anymore, and my car won't see the track anytime soon. I'll eventually upgrade to a iron case and better pinion support/yoke.

I'll be buying a Moser 9" housing from Brutespeed probably with 4ch axles and a few other features. Will there be anything else that I need to bolt this in and go? I guess I need a new yoke to make the stock driveshaft work without it being too shot, but which one? I will get a PST driveshaft shortly after my rear is fully assembled, but I need to get it working on a stock driveshaft for now.

Paid $500 for this center section, which isn't too bad given it's condition.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd keep the yoke that is on it for the time being, and get a Napa pn# 447 conversion u joint to make it work with the stock driveshaft. You should be able to get by with the driveshaft being an inch too short until you buy the PST driveshaft. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool, what yoke is one these stock?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm looking at gear install kits, but there's many options. There's different carrier bearing sizes. 2.891, 3.062, & 3.250 it is a 31 spline rear with a posi and it will be here this week. How do I know what carrier bearing size kit I need