LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pix of my Z from start to current!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pix of my Z from start to current!

[/IMG]heres when I first got her in early 09' needed a tune up had 90k

Last edited by 93QWKZEE; 07-23-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: pic upload
Old 07-23-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

I was expecting more. Much more from this post. Please edit for content.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Lol... I'm figuring it out! stay tuned
Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Default more pic

Once the tune up (plugs wires brakes cap and rotor)were done I found some c6 wheels and rs wing
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Default more pics

Went out to a local pic a part and found a 97ss. I was in heaven when I saw it because it was $10 any part! The car was in pieces but the hood was still there ($10) alond with the intake. People think I full of **** when I tell the story
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id go back and try to find the SS spoiler lower it and get some fresh paint on there and you will a great looking ride!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Default Upgrades start

The fuel pump went out slowly and I found that whoever owned it before me had attemted the trap door mod. They used some crazy *** clue so I went to town cleaning it and recutting to clean it up a bit also recoated the deck with bed liner. Got a good deal on Pro 5.0 shifter and Racetronix hot wire kit also. Still have to take some pics of the panel I made to recover it.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Default interior gutting!

Next I went to town with weight reduction. I started gutting all the normal crap and ordered a AC delete panel. I found a good amount of change once the carpet was removed probably enough to fund my SS hood I also figured I would start on the wire tuck and fuse box relocation

AC gone panel in!

At this point I said F-it and ordered a buttload of UMI suspension (K-member,TA,TA Relo, Adj Panhard, Tubular upper and lower A-arms) I also got some new Qa1 shocks for the front and rear.

Old lt1 brake were come off along with all the shocks and a-arms!I got a good local deal on some 02' ls1 spindles with cross drilled slotted rotors.

started on the abs delete!

More weight reduction on the inner fender wells. as well as bumper supports.

got a new set of valve covers and weld on cap. I wanted to be able to choose where everything goes to be a little different form others.

Got a CSR E-pump and allen bolts for the water pump most of the bolts on the engine and bay will be the same.$$$ Money pit $$$

I got this set up off of ebay for price I couldn't pass on. I bought into all the hype and decided to do the LS1 Lid swap with the slp ram air induction. Cutting my support didn't scare me I'm pretty handy witha cutoff wheel and dremel. I did take my time though,and figure if I ever go turbo in the future I can install a vertical radiatior which wil require cutting it anyways.

mock up!

somewhat finished with mounting it but didnt get many pics of the process!
I should have taken more pics but I got lazy.

this is a more current pic once I got the 4 ply coupling in and finished the wire tuck, welded all the holes in the bay and mocked up some of the sjm abs delete. I still have alot of parts laying around that need to go on and finish odds and ends. I just bought the speedinc alt/ps relocation kit in favor of the madman alt kit.When I got the speedinc kit it was a little scuffed and what not from the previous owner so I polishied it up a lil and clear coated it! here's what it looks like now!

Thanks ponyhntr!!!

mocked it up last night! I still need to order the 5 Spoke powersteering pulley from speedinc and change all the bolts to allen head
I know I am going *** backwards as far as power goes but I wanted to start with the full suspension and bolt ons and see where I'm at. Then go for H/C/S. I also wanted to make it look decent before anything.The body still needs tlc but I taking it step by step.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Launching!

huge project...a lot of work, but take your time & do it right the first time.

looking good tho. i'll be watching this.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, I love those valve covers! Looks great, what an improvement! Anything done internally to the engine? How much weight do you figure you have lost?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by colospgsTA
Wow, I love those valve covers! Looks great, what an improvement! Anything done internally to the engine? How much weight do you figure you have lost?
Thanks! As far as the engine goes still stock with around 100k miles and the usual bolt ons and a mail order tune to delete the vats,egr,and other stuff not needed. I will get some more pics slowly but surely. And as for the weight I would think atleast a few hundred but I wont know for sure until I jump on the scales.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats some nicely done mids! very tasteful.... Watching this is making me want to do something crazy to mind :s
Old 07-23-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job so far. I want your rims btw
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Good job so far. I want your rims btw
Thanks lol... I found them on craigslist for $200 and there oem! 19X10 rear and 18x8.5 in the front. I will have some drag wheels sooner or later.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Default But wait theres more!

Here's a few more pics I had to upload some are sh!tty cell pics and some are better than others also not necessarily in order but you can get the idea where I'm going.

nitto nt555r drag radials 40 bucks off CL!Still have a few runs left

UMI TA and panhard when I got first got them!

Ordered up some 8mm plug wires,piping with band clamps(for true duals)and moroso remote battery charging connectors and taylor kill switch since I relocated my Batt to the trunk.

Installed them into berger panel although I won't be using the ss panel I think I'm sticking with the z28 berger panel!

Here's the gauges I will be running! The trans temp gauge was replaced with a water temp gauge as I have a t56 so dont really have a need for that one.Mocked up in the AC panel!
Testing out the sport comp digital tach with shift light. I also got a sport comp wide band and sent it to autometer to have the bezel changed out to black because the only come in silver. I want all the gauges to have black bezels!

crappy cell pics when I was test fitting everything.

I ditched the RS 3 piece wing in favor of this OEM SS wing off of a SS that a guy totalled.It was sad to see the car it came off of! ONLY HAD 13K!!!

Started mocking up the duals once I got the Xpipe I had misc 3'' piping laying around and some dynomax bullets so I went to town. previously i had a hooker catback and loved it but it rattled

I had to make sure it cleared the UMI torque arm relocation crossmember and torque arm itself

once it was all tacked up I finished welding it and coated it with some high heat engine paint and let it bake in the Vegas sun Im just waiting on the rear hangers I ordered to hang the rear of it up.

It sucks having limited space and no lift but you have to make it work!This is pretty much where I'm at now still need alot of work and finish the exhaust,misc wiring,and finish the powersteering lines which will most likey be AN fitting and braided hose.Also have to finish the brake lines. much more coming stay tuned I'll keep you guys updated as I go!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like you are throwing everything at it but the kitchen sink, very nice WELL done
Old 07-23-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man this makes me want to tear into my TA and gut it...
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice car love the suspension and the tucked wires...now on my to do-list because of you
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

What a difference!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

WOW! your doing an amazing job on that car, love the suspension setup, thats what im gonna do next.

Quick Reply: Pix of my Z from start to current!