Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 Shot ok on LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 Shot ok on LQ9

so im looking into doing a 200 shot on my LQ9. its stock crank, rods and pistons except its got hellfire rings, ARP rod bolts, and clevite coated bearings and an slp oil pump and timing chain. i
heavily Ported 317 heads, Tick Polluter Camshaft, Hardened Pushrods, Patriot Dual valve springs and retainers. Stock Rockers, I plan to run NGK br6ef plugs, a yank 3600 stall convertor through my performabuilt 60e, im running 4.10's out back this is all in a notchback mustang by the way. question is can the pistons take it as long as i keep my air fuel ratio good? i have a good tuner. also should i run a bosch 044 or a walbro 255 what do you guys think. i know a 150 shot is very do able but i like pushing the envelope.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id use br7's on that shot and make sure its tuned supremely and it couldnt hurt to peek at the plugs as well. umm idk on the pump if i were to just suggest an intank that is a total badass and isnt enormous id suggest a deatschwerks pump. it is the dw301 if im remembering right but they look like a warlboro but perform way way way better theyre bad bitches thats the pump im gonna go with.

but think of it like this. people spray 200 on stock ls1s and make em live all the time. ya just gotta do it right
Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

just looked up that pump it is badass. i just ordered it. thanks for the info man, very helpful.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

actually how about the aeromotive 340 stealth looks like a better choice for the same money??
Edit: did a search people are saying good to 650+ cancelled the dw ad ordered this thing.

Last edited by mechanix565; 07-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the local shop around here made 650 to the tires on e85 in a honda with one of those deatschwerks pumps in tank and still had plenty of flow left. how are you gonna beat that in a direct replacement pump with that flow and a 3yr no questions asked warranty. sorry but with that kind of flow at that kind of price and guarantee i wouldnt think about anything else for an in tank but thats just me.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

I'd do it, just make sure you got enough pump and work your way up to it checking plugs...be a little conservative with the timing.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by mechanix565
so im looking into doing a 200 shot on my LQ9. its stock crank, rods and pistons except its got hellfire rings, ARP rod bolts, and clevite coated bearings and an slp oil pump and timing chain. i
heavily Ported 317 heads, Tick Polluter Camshaft, Hardened Pushrods, Patriot Dual valve springs and retainers. Stock Rockers, I plan to run NGK br6ef plugs, a yank 3600 stall convertor through my performabuilt 60e, im running 4.10's out back this is all in a notchback mustang by the way. question is can the pistons take it as long as i keep my air fuel ratio good? i have a good tuner. also should i run a bosch 044 or a walbro 255 what do you guys think. i know a 150 shot is very do able but i like pushing the envelope.
What type of system? What gas? Daily driven?

What does "good tuner" mean to you? Someone who can plug read? or someone who just owns hp tuners?

A lot of things go into pushing parts. Let get a little information going first.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

i plan on running 93 but might do a stand alone fuel system with 118 and a walbro 255 inline if neccasary. plan on running a wet system with a plate, and yes it is daily driven, i plan on having it tuned at slowhawk, friends of mine have had nothing but good things to say about them and i know they have expeierince in boost and nitrous tuning. need any other info?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by mechanix565
i plan on running 93 but might do a stand alone fuel system with 118 and a walbro 255 inline if neccasary. plan on running a wet system with a plate, and yes it is daily driven, i plan on having it tuned at slowhawk, friends of mine have had nothing but good things to say about them and i know they have expeierince in boost and nitrous tuning. need any other info?
Don@Slowhawk is a good guy. I have not him personally but we have messaged and I have talked with lots of customers. All of my experience has been positive.

If it is truly daily driven I would just remember you are pushing parts. Even doing anything right it does not mean you will not have a hickup.

A stand alone would be a nice addition, I would basically require a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, nitrous filter on the car.

Another big thing I recommend is letting Don know the real purpose on the car and what you want. Make sure he is aware that this is daily driven and that we need to maintain reliability. He will have is hands on the car and may see something I do not. Possible he may simply disagree that 200hp can be ran safely. Keep him in the loop and regardless of how much you spray I think you will have a better result.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have. 200hp can be done rather easily I just want you to have the information to make sure you are willing to do it right and aware of the risk involved.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A 200 shot would definitely find the week parts in the driveline. That is because a 200 shot could hit 200-300ft/lbs of torque. This might over flash the converter,expecially running a 4.10 gear.Will a stock piston/rod take it? Maybe.
I prefer to start with a small shot like 75-100 and go up from there.

I would definitely run a stand alone fuel setup for a 200 shot.This will keep it a good driver and the nitrous won't rely on the intank pump.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
A 200 shot would definitely find the week parts in the driveline. That is because a 200 shot could hit 200-300ft/lbs of torque. This might over flash the converter,expecially running a 4.10 gear.Will a stock piston/rod take it? Maybe.
I prefer to start with a small shot like 75-100 and go up from there.

I would definitely run a stand alone fuel setup for a 200 shot.This will keep it a good driver and the nitrous won't rely on the intank pump.
Thanks for chiming in Don.

Quick Reply: 200 Shot ok on LQ9