Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dash

How hard is it to replace this cracked dash board? It's about a 12 inch crack and it looks hideous..
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what part of the dash are you talking about,,,the big flat piece on top,,or the actual dash itself.. If its the plastic piece, its not hard to do, since yours is broke,, go ahead and pry it out, it is held in by some clips and velcro. Then line the new one up and put it in, remove your a pillar covers and it will go easier.

If its the dash itself,, You are in for some real work, and it is gonna be difficult, there is a write up on this site. I have had all mine out, the dash took hours....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

I also replaced the long flat peice that goes against the windsheild, it wasn't hard at all. If it is that peice I would suggest buying a cover to goe over it. I got one off a web site for around $80, it's black so you don't get that bad glare and it protects the dash from the notoriuos cracking, plus it's bad *** looking , even has the bird on it. Just my two cents.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Default Got any pics?

Originally Posted by T-Bonz
I also replaced the long flat peice that goes against the windsheild, it wasn't hard at all. If it is that peice I would suggest buying a cover to goe over it. I got one off a web site for around $80, it's black so you don't get that bad glare and it protects the dash from the notoriuos cracking, plus it's bad *** looking , even has the bird on it. Just my two cents.
TBonz-Do you have any pics of how this looks? I have to replace mine as well and thought about the cover but have not seen how one looks installed. If you can't post the pics send me a pm and I'll give you my email to send them too. Thanks