Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC counts high and dont change

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC counts high and dont change

I just got my car(2000 turbo WS6) running for the first time since September. The only thing that I changed that would affect idle was I went from the stock ls1 cam to a Va Speed VTC 2 (23x/22x). At first I was unable to idle, it would start, run for a second and die. I looked at my logs and noticed that the IAC was staying at a steady 183. I went ahead and unplugged the IAC, and then my car was able to rough idle. The IAC plunger is moving in and out, and the motor feels warm. The 2 outside pins are getting 350mv and the 2 inside pins have 10.5v. I checked my logs from last year and the IAC stayed in 40-70 and moved around fairly frequently.

I feel like this isnt a tuning issue but Im not sure where to put this. I think my IAC is bad but the parts store wants $150(:o) for a new one. I might pull off the TB tomorrow and see if theres something going one with the passageway. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just had a customers car and he installed the TB gasket backwards so it blocked the hole for the iac port. Also make sure the iac is moving. You can take it and command it to move if you are using HP tuners. If that's working then you may need to open your TB blade and reset the tps to get the iac counts down.

Quick Reply: IAC counts high and dont change