Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS/FT: Silver 1999 T/A -SOLD-

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS/FT: Silver 1999 T/A -SOLD-

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $7500
Mileage: 120000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Moved from the Midwest section.

118k miles on the body
Vig 3200
SLP Lid
Pacesetter Longtubes
ORY
Bullet Exhaust (Incredibly loud and raspy if you’re into that. I was not, but never got around to changing it)
Lowered (Intrax Springs) Previous owner put them on.
3.73 Rear Gear
B&M Trans Cooler
17" Torque Thrust 2
5k HIDs in Heads and Fogs
I’ve replaced quite a few small things as well: bulbs inside and outside, headlight motors and lens, wiring, pads, rotors, etc.

Moving back to California and the car will not be coming with me.

I bought the car mid-2008. It was a quick impulse buy. I just moved to Indiana from CA and wanted to get into a car quickly after buying a house. I saw this one located in St Louis. It looked clean both inside and out, drove well for the quick test drive I took it on, and that was that.

Got it home, threw it on some stands and it was leaking oil, bolts missing on one side of the front sway bar, and a few other things here and there. Those were all corrected soon after.

I’ve changed the oil quite a few times since owning it and haven’t noticed any unusual oil usage.

The rear end leaks like 2-3 drops of fluid a week. That may be my own fault, though. I changed the cover on it to a more aesthetically pleasing one after the change to 3.73s and think I just did a lousy job of tightening it or dealing with the gasket. I haven’t taken the time to get it back in the air to look at it.

The 3.73s aren’t whisper quiet like I heard they can be if setup right, but also hear conflicting reports on whether they can be completely silent or not. Because of that, I haven’t really been bothered with it. I told the shop that did it about it, but didn’t pursue it further.

2nd shifts harder than normal when cold.

If caught in a heavy downpour, the passenger top will leak a bit.

At freeway speeds, the steering wheel shakes. Not real bad, but it does. Nothing looks out of the ordinary underneath, so that has me stumped. It could be the Sumitomos, which aren't the greatest tires, but decent dailies.

The car came with an aftermarket head unit in it and every now and then it loses power then comes right back. It could be the result of a bad install job, but I haven’t investigated it further.

AC/Heat works flawlessly.

Visually, I would rate the interior and exterior an 8.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

I am currently away for work and won’t return until the end of May, but can answer any questions you have.

Pics: (click to enlarge)

One of the previous owners either didn’t know how to lift the car, or had it at a shop that did not know how to. You can see the result in this shot. I pushed the bent metal back out as best I could. This obviously can’t be seen unless under the car.

This is a long, but very thorough video walkthrough that also includes the sound of the exhaust inside and out while driving. My apologies about the first 20 seconds of the video which I forgot to edit that out. Going to the Youtube page will allow you to see it in full HD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4O94NsAb0

Asking 8k OBO, but will also trade for a well maintained sport bike of equal value.

Price dropped to $7500.

Price dropped to $7500 because the car has now passed the 120k mark, plus has a new chip on the front end from road debris on the freeway that I couldn’t avoid. I just knew there was going to be a mark when it happened.

I also checked the oil level and the car appears to be burning more oil than it has in the past. Not sure what that’s about.

Another issue that is happening intermittently, the car will surge when first started. When it decides to, it will really surge if the AC is on when started. So much so that the RPMs will drop low enough to kill the car. Once underway, or allowed to sit for a bit with a few small taps on the gas to keep the RPMs up, it stops. Again, this happens intermittently. I could go 2 weeks with no issue, but then out of the blue, it will do it. It could be a tuning issue, bad MAF or a vacuum leak, I am not sure, and haven’t been back to a shop.

I want to disclose any and all issues so that anyone considering this car is well aware of anything that the car is doing.

It is still a daily and these issues haven’t prevented that.

Shots of the chip: (click to enlarge)

Last edited by Minacious; 08-02-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Teching In

interested in trucks?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

I had no plans on getting back into a truck, but what are the details on the truck?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Teching In

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2508124804.html