PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No communication from dlc. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No communication from dlc. HELP!!!

I have a 01' Camaro SS and 2 weeks ago it was hard to start. Finally got it started and it bogged down very bad so I pulled over and couldn't get the car to start. Finally got it started and ran fine, but my tach didn't work. I drove it home and went out later to figure out whats wrong and the car fired right up and everything worked great including the tach. That night I got into my car and started it up just fine, but my tach, gas, and temp gauge are not working. Also my SES, service vehicle, abs inop, traction control off, and airbag lights are on. I went to Advance Auto to have it scanned and the scanner could not communicate with the car. I have searched the boards and found several people who have had this problem, but no one has posted how to fix it or what was actually the culprit. My fuses are all good, so I know that is not it. Can anyone give me some direction on how to go about finding and fixing the problem?????
Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DLC port not getting any power at all usually means the CIG/ACCY fuse (inside the car) is blown - sure it's good?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Yes I have checked all the fuses in the car. That was the first thing I did hopeing it was that simple.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need the code(s) as a starting point. Did you check the port itself for b+ power?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Teching In

I can't get any codes it will not communicate with the scanner. It does have power.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate to revive a dead thread, but op is guilty of the same thing he mentioned, he never updated the thread

Quick Reply: No communication from dlc. HELP!!!