Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who removed their rear O2s please come in

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those who removed their rear O2s please come in

I took my rear O2s out and just have the plugs exposed. (Off road pipe) What did you guys do to plug them up? I was thinking Electrical tape to protect the connectors and zip ties to secure them. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey......wait a minute? I just realized that I still have a two bungs in the Offroad Y pipe. Now I am confused. I guess I still put them in even though there are no cats?
Old 03-02-2004, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLASTER
I took my rear O2s out and just have the plugs exposed. (Off road pipe) What did you guys do to plug them up? I was thinking Electrical tape to protect the connectors and zip ties to secure them. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey......wait a minute? I just realized that I still have a two bungs in the Offroad Y pipe. Now I am confused. I guess I still put them in even though there are no cats?

I was in the understanding that if you pulled the cats, them it was time for O2 simulators or to delete the rear O2 codes with LS1Edit. I pulled my rear O2's, unplugged them and replaced them with the O2 sims. A few strategic wires ties and things are as well as they could be. For your new O2 sensor bungs in the Y-pipe, I'd just cap them off. Or screw your O2's in there to block the hole but leave them disconnected.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Thats what I did... I used my O2's to seal the holes, but left them disconnected. I thought about cutting the wires off the un-used O2's but then realized I may need to put them back someday, and they are expensive. So I just tucked the wires up out of the way, and found a spot to zip tie them to (away from heat, etc). Then I attached my O2 sims, and wrapped a row of black tape around them to keep them from bouncing around.

Worked out good
Old 03-02-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just keep them in there and unplug them. I thought i heard someone say they used sparkplugs too.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks all. I ended up just uses the rear O2s to plug the hole and I left them connected. I don't have sims but will probably get some tuning to delete the O2 sensors and the AIR pump I removed.