Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need a computer repair person/laptop expert ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a computer repair person/laptop expert ASAP

I need one of my laptop's worked on. I'm willing to trade a powder coating credit with my shop if someone on here can take care of the problems.

Its an HP laptop running windows XP. I haven't used it much in awhile, its probably 2 years old. I let a couple people borrow it and it came back with all kinds of viruses. My one buddy managed to get them all out except for one that he said is gonna require the hard drive be wiped clean and restored. Problem is I don't have the restore disk, and don't have the disk for Microsoft Office either.

I also can't get my new version of HP Tuners to load the drivers. There's information on the HP Tuners forum about this problem, but its to complicated for me to follow as a non computer person.

Who can deal with all of this, and fast? I need to get my car tuned and out of my friends shop where its sitting, need this laptop and HP Tuners working properly ASAP..
Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your laptop probably lost some registry files required to update the tuning software during the virus removal. There are some registry fixing programs, but most do not work.

If you have another computer with windows xp home or professional, steal the disk from that computer. Make a clean install of xp and try your product key on the laptop.

If you needed the office, I would be glad to give it to you; I have the enterprise edition of 2003 and 2007.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoot me a PM if you still need help with this.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can probably get this done for you, but will need the laptop for a couple of days to get it fixed for you. PM if your interested. I also have an extra copy of MS Office / Win 7.

Quick Reply: Need a computer repair person/laptop expert ASAP