Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dash Sun Damaged

Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash Sun Damaged

I bought a '96 Z28 a few months ago. Got a decent price on it, but it does need a lot of work. It was pretty neglected on the cosmetic side of things. I've been working on the dash recently, and purchased a dash cover. It looks ok, but makes the area around air bag stand out (it's been painted to match, picture is old). The vinyl, or whatever the material, is really dry and cracking. Anyone have this problem and know of a good fix? Or is replacement the only fix? Attached some pics to see what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Dash Sun Damaged-imag0097.jpg   Dash Sun Damaged-imag0098.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a dash cover for about $30 on ebay or the flea markets sells them for about $40

not a fan of dash covers but better then a cracked dash by the sun and to hide cracks as well
Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
Do a dash cover for about $30 on ebay or the flea markets sells them for about $40

not a fan of dash covers but better then a cracked dash by the sun and to hide cracks as well
I think a cracked dash looks better than one of those stupid dash covers.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a dash cover on the upper part, but that lower part around the air bag really stands out now. Looks like a dried up raisin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Sun Damaged