Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Po code 740 760 and 785. Sounds like a jar of marbles at idle....

Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Po code 740 760 and 785. Sounds like a jar of marbles at idle....

740 760 and 785 codes popped up after I unhooked the battery. Before I unhooked the battery I had a violent clanking at idle, now Its worse now. The sound goes away after 1k rpms. The car has no power now and cut off a few times. Loose torque converter bolts?

I did the wire hide mod today but am certain everything is plugged in. Besides, those wires all go to headlights, right?

Car is a 98 trans am 4l60e and a ls3. Tranny is not built but I barley drive it much less get on it hard.. Any suggestions would be great... Thanks guys.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

Converter bolts were very loose. Tightened up and the noise ceased. But now I have no 2nd gear, 4th gear, or lock up.... Would that be electrical? Or mechanical?

I wonder if the torque converter being loose messed anything up. The transmission rebuilder also made a mess of my wiring 20k miles ago. Someone put a 4l60 in it and when I bought it I put a 4l60e back in it. I have no idea how it ran but I know they changed the wiring harness. Rebuilder redid the harness but only crimped wires and apparently didn't use electrical tape. I'll look at wiring next but don't wanna put time into the wrong area...

Search this Thread