Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after PCM basic tune... Please, help/ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Problems after PCM basic tune... Please, help/ideas

When I finished my heads/cam swap, my car fired right up and everything seemed kosher, except it ran like crap and had under par throttle response of course due to the stock PCM. All gauges worked properly, throttle body worked, engine would shut down immediately when turning the ignition off.
Along with heads and cam (torquer v3, 231/234 .643/.598, 112lsa) I added LT headers, off-road X-pipe which deleted the rear O2 sensors. Also added LS6 intake, CAI, 42lb injectors and LS6 valley cover.

I sent the PCM off to get a basic tune in hopes it would make the car mobile. When I got the PCM back the car had the following problems: engine would start idle very poorly for a short time then die out or it starts and dies out immediately. No longer has any throttle response, TB butterfly does not operate anymore when pushing down throttle pedal. When the engine does run, it stays running even after turning the ignition off and physically taking the key out. So the motor won't turn off until it dies out. Oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge does not work. Temp gauge automatically maxes out. Tach doesn't work properly. When the engine is at an idle, approx. 500-800 rpm, the tach reads 4000-5000 rpm.

I sent the PCM back to the tuner and informed them of the issues. They reflashed the PCM, sent it back to me and it still has the same problems. Why would all these problems occur? Please comment with any ideas or advice what is going on with my PCM.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the wrong tune for the pcm. i had a similar problem the guy tuned mine for a 2000 vette when it was a computer and tune for an 01. Make sure he as the right vin info and year.