Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some part identification & some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some part identification & some questions

Excuse me for how newb this is, but I'm not very familiar with this engine yet.

1. Is this the evap canister?

2. The whole bottom left section is the a/c compressor, right? I'm removing the A/C system completely (my truck isn't setup for it and I don't feel like adding one. Is there anything else I need to look for and remove?

3. The pulley pictured here is broken. Does anybody know if a replacement water pump assembly will come with a new pulley? I also need a belt. Anybody know the part number of the belt I need? I'll be using an electric fan. Should I leave the fan pulley anyway for belt routing purposes?

4. Is this for an oil cooler?

Those lines lead to these hoses:

5. What is this radiator-looking piece? I think it leads to the power-steering reservoir.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

1. electronic EGR valve.

2. yes, AC compressor; you can also remove the tensioner/pulley to the right of it.

3. it does not come with the pump, it is available separately (and also with the tensioner); yes you will need the fan pulley to drive the pump.

4. yes, plumbing for engine oil cooler.

5. power steering fluid cooler.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

of course you have the truck style serpentine setup.....do you need that or a F bod style serp setup?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
of course you have the truck style serpentine setup.....do you need that or a F bod style serp setup?
Well, what does that depend on? It's a 6.0 LQ4 out of a 2002 Sierra. What is the difference between the setups?

I am replacing the alternator with something with a bit higher output, and I'll be removing the A/C stuff since I don't have it in the Jeep and I don't want to add it, but other than that, I didn't have any plans to change anything in the belt routing.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

I found a replacement for that broken pulley for $24 shipped.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

the setup could make or break a swap.....so i guess you have to find out if anything interferes when it gets installed
Old 07-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
the setup could make or break a swap.....so i guess you have to find out if anything interferes when it gets installed
The '95 Wrangler has a wide frame. I don't anticipate any problems with the routing--there really shouldn't be any interference anywhere. I'll worry about it once I drop it in, I suppose.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cubewhiz
The '95 Wrangler has a wide frame. I don't anticipate any problems with the routing--there really shouldn't be any interference anywhere. I'll worry about it once I drop it in, I suppose.
There are a few threads here about swaps into Jeeps needing a (virtually unobtainable) smaller PS pulley, too...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S10xGN
There are a few threads here about swaps into Jeeps needing a (virtually unobtainable) smaller PS pulley, too...
You sparked my curiosity, so I just looked into this. I found three such threads--one CJ and two JKs. The YJ and TJ models should have plenty of room.

Thanks for the heads up!