Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to tie in fpss on lt1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to tie in fpss on lt1 camaro

where should i tie in the fpss for my nitrous kit and does it need to be angled a certain way. and where does the wires run on my relay. i have the hsw wet kit with the micro edge.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the LT1 you will attach the fpss manifold to the fuel system test port. Then the fuel supply line will connect to the manifold. Make sure you remove shrader valve. On most of my installs I put a 4 an 90 degree swivel fitting at the test port to keep the fuel hose from binding up against the windshield cowl.

The fpss is nothing more than a contact break and it usually breaks the ground to the system relay. (Pin 86)

Dave
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I would "tie" it up in the next trash bag you take out.

FPSS usualy cost nothing but problems from not working correctly. Most guys don't run them.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

I put a FPSS on all our installs. Its a great safety item and I have seen them save several motors. They work great. You just have to read the instructions and adjust them properly.
Dave
Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

throw it in the trash
Old 08-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Banned

it is tough to predict
Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw it in a river. Its not saving anything just going to **** you off when it fails.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Shiz,
I have personally seen it save a few motors. I have no problem with them and I do alot of installs.

Dave
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

IF you have the right timming out the car will slow down if the fuel goes lean. On a on the edge stock fuel system it will fall enough to trip it every time. we have seen it **** quite a few guys off. take them off tune it right and never deal with the headache. get a fuel guage in stead of safty switch.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

The switch is not a lean safety switch. Its there incase you have a severe fuel pump issue. When I adjust them I leave around a 5 psi or more window because when a system ingauges the fuel pressure will normally drop for a split second. We dont want the fpss interfearing with that.

However if the fuel pressure drops way back its because there is not enough fuel pump and if the fpss is adjusted correctly it will catch that.

We also preferusing a fpss on our dedicated fuel cells. This way if something happens preventing the fuel pump from comming on it will not let the system spray.
Dave
Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The switch is not a lean safety switch. Its there incase you have a severe fuel pump issue. When I adjust them I leave around a 5 psi or more window because when a system ingauges the fuel pressure will normally drop for a split second. We dont want the fpss interfearing with that.

However if the fuel pressure drops way back its because there is not enough fuel pump and if the fpss is adjusted correctly it will catch that.

We also preferusing a fpss on our dedicated fuel cells. This way if something happens preventing the fuel pump from comming on it will not let the system spray.
Dave
I know its not a lean safty switch but if you loose fuerl pressure what happens? it goes lean...
Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
I know its not a lean safty switch but if you loose fuerl pressure what happens? it goes lean...
What Dave was getting at is that is not in case the pump drops a few PSI and leans out the tune up. Its basically there for severe pump issues. IE Pump does not come on, drops 10+psi, etc.