Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" Install - Issues to be aware of???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Moser 9" Install - Issues to be aware of???

Just curious if there is any issues when installing a Moser 9" or what i might run into so im not left hanging when i get ready to install it. Its comes complete with a ls1 brake setup to make it bolt in and go on my lt1 car. I know the 12 bolts have issues with torque arms lining up or hitting inside the tunnel thats why im asking. It is a 4 channel rear with abs and tcs. I dont have tcs and will eventually do the abs delete down the road. I should be able to just delete those from my tune and be on my way correct? Any help or insight would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...structions.htm might help some
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this shipping bolt-in ready or will there be some assembly required? If it is fully assembled the big annoyance is the torque arm (well that and how friggen heavy it is). Do you use an adjustable TA or a TA relocation crossmember? Mine were a pain and had to be forced into place as it wanted to pull over to the passenger side.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Im buying it used fully assembled ready to bolt in and go with a complete ls1 rear brake assembly. Im using an adjustable custom made BMR Track Pack style torque arm setup mated to my spohn tubular sfc. Do these have issues where you have to modify the t/a bracket?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it has the standard type TA mount to the rear then it should be fine. I used a UMI piece and did not have to cut or alter it at all and from what I can tell the BMR mount is pretty identical. Just be sure you use the holes that push the ta toward the passenger side for clearance.

Quick Reply: Moser 9" Install - Issues to be aware of???